Burns Expert Forum
Burn to lip

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

Burn to lip

I recieved a burn on the top of my bottom lip from a dental instrument.  It has been 5 days and is still as painful as ever. I feel it can't heal because of every time I close my mouth.  Is there anything I can put on my lip to help it heal faster and relieve pain?
Based on your description the only thing that I would recommend would be to apply Vaseline to the area.
I burned my bottom lip from putting a burrito in the microwave and then taking it out and biting it, and now I've a big white patch taht looks terrible on my bottom lip. How long do burns on the lip take to heal, and will this go away? Also, what's the best treatment for it?
I alos burned my lower lip, and the doctor told me to mix liquid benadryl and maalox. swish and spit.
A related discussion, burn on lip was started.
A related discussion, red lip scars was started.
A related discussion, What do i do about this burn on my top lip? was started.
A related discussion, i have burned my lips from the side with a lemon was started.
A related discussion, swollen lips was started.