Aa
A
A
Close

Burns Forum

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

1 - 20 (of 96) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My infant broke out with a fever which reached 104.9. I realized the severity 1 day later as I did not have a thermometer on hand and I thought it could be from teething. He is about 6 months old, no cough, no runny nose, no vomitting,...
  Posted
Hello !! Am not sure if this is the right place to post this question I had a 24 hour urine test the other day and I was not given any instruction by the lab . The container I was provided with had an acidic preservative which I a...
  Posted
Dr. Guy: My husband suffered a chemical burn of his entire sinus cavity due to inhalation at a factory. This is a one-time event which occurred twenty years ago. He continues to suffer with severe head and eye pain, light sensitivity....
  Posted
Yesterday I used Nair on my face, above my face and now have a chemical burn on my face. I am going on vacation in 2 days and want to know what I can do to make the red burn heal as fast as possible. I don't want everyone staring at me ...
  Posted
What are the long turn effects of 3rd degree burns on the backs of a man's arms? I received 1st thru 3rd degree burns over 39 % of my upper body. This happened in 1987. I was a Firefighter then and am now. I have developed a lot of p...
  Posted
My son, 8 yrs. old, sprayed Lysol disinfected spray on his face. As a result he has a burn the size of a 50-cent coin, lil pain, but some swellen. Can I treat himat home or seek mediacl attention?
  Posted
(sorry my english,i'm from Bucharest,Romania) my child,6 months older,burn to face(3 degree)whit steam iron.Please,help treat name for best results in scar management.the burn it's new(05.02.2008)
  Posted
didnt know if this belonged here, but i received a pretty bad burn on my arm from a cigarette. (i dont smoke, someone else did it to me) but anyways, its like a 2nd degree burn, ive had it for about a week and a half. ive been cleaning i...
  Posted
i swallowed very hot food and it got stuck in my throat and was there for a while before i could get it out. now it is very sore and hurts to swallow. what can i do to ease the pain?
  Posted
What will help the soar throat caused by radiation?
  Posted
I recieved a burn on the top of my bottom lip from a dental instrument. It has been 5 days and is still as painful as ever. I feel it can't heal because of every time I close my mouth. Is there anything I can put on my lip to help it h...
  Posted
i got burnt 2 years ago with boiling water, i have a hypertrophic scar covering the whole top of my shoulder. i've been told nothing can be done on the nhs to make it appear better, is there anything that can be done private or nhs?
  Posted
I recently did something very stupid. My friend dared me to a test of willpower. We put our arms together while another friend put a lit cigarette in between them, and the first one who flinched would lose the dare. Of course I know n...
  Posted
hi dr , pls help me i have put garlic on my acne and for 3 days ..it has burned my normal skin surrounding the pimple and i accidently peeled some of it now its like burned skin and red like flesh ...i have put vasline on it ...is it goo...
  Posted
Another question--what is the purpose of a Jobst? Are those only used for a certain type of scar--after grafting, or keloids?
  Posted
I am wondering what the long-term effects are of second degree burns. Do the scars that develop from these burns cause problems? Do they require special treatment forever--topical treatments, for example. Do scars from burns make me more...
  Posted
I burned the side of my right index finger many months ago between the distal and the middle phalanx. The tissue initially hardened slightly as it healed. I scratched and picked at it, sometimes inadvertently and sometimes from day-to-da...
  Posted
Hers's one. Jumped into a hot bath tub and burned my Scrodom. This took some of the 1st layer of skin off. I have been using Neosporin for about 6 days 3 times a day. Is this the remedy? or should I being doing something different? ...
  Posted
while cooking I open a pot ans the steam rose up and burned my arm. I believe there are blisters forming, in total the area affected is an 4" by 3" oval shape. At present we have ice on it but what is the best way to treat this. ...
  Posted
Hello, Back in August of 2007 I was having to put freon in my vehicle. A few hours after putting some in, I noticed a red patch on my right forearm. I figured some of the freon may have sprayed on my arm. I kept putting anti-itc...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now