Cancer Community
Can a disease with symptoms similar to Anal fissures cause CANCER?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Symptoms
I get severe and itching pain in my anal region . Doctor has diagonised this as anal fissure .
It started when I got typhoid and took strong medicines for typhoid . It's been two years since then.  
It increases when i have constipation  . I cannot sit for long times and  in hot and humid weather the pain increases .
I generally have hard stools and the pain starts just after defecation  .
I have undergone 2-3 different treatments (ayurvedic and allopathic )and completed their course  but the relief was only temporary .
Now the problem has become chronic and does not go even after taking high fibrous food and I am taking other precautions as well .

Doubts

Are there diseases with similar symptoms like this which can lead to cancer and should I go for furthur methods of diagnosis . So far only visual diagnosis was done .  Are there ways to make sure that the problem is only fissures or some other diseases with similar symptoms . ?
Could these chronic fissure pain lead to ulcer ?
Could it even develop to cancer ?
What are the symptoms of developing into ulcer or cancer ? how to diagnose this ?
what should I do  in that case ?  Should I go for an operation to remove the fissures ?
Are there any side effects of operation ??
Can it Re-occur ?  How dangerous is this disease ?
I would recommend having a colonoscopy so the doctors can see exactly what is going on.  The prep is awful but it might answer you questions as to what the problem really is.  Good Luck!!