Elevated globulin level
During my annual physical 3 months ago, my bloodwork showed some abnormalities.  My globulin was 4.3, A/G ratio was 0.9, RBC was 4.44, neutrophils were 72.9, lymphocytes were 72.9 and MCV was 100.3.  Blood was re-tested this week and everything had normalized except the globulin is 4.2 and A/G ratio still 0.9.  My doctor thinks it may be multiple myeloma and is running a protein electophoresis test, which we are waiting on the results.  The only symptoms I've had is pain in the upper right quadrant and one episode of clay colored stools and upper right stomach pain.  The upper right pain continues intermittently and my stool seems greasy and is hard to flush sometimes.  Could the elevated globulin levels be related to a liver or gallbladder problem instead of multiple myeloma?  
Now I'm no expert, but an elevated globulin level can mean SO many different things. For the doctor to jump straight to multiple myeloma is strange. I just got test results back with elevated globulin at 3.9 (range 2.3-3.5), Sed Rate at 32 (range 0-20), and CRP at 5.46 (range 0-3). Basically all of these just mean inflammation. The globulin is the indicators of inflammation in your blood, and the CRP is a inflammation indicator protien. So it really could be anything causing your globulin levels to be elevated. I also had a Kappa light chain test 432 (range 74-295) and my Lambda was barely within range and the Kappa/Lambda ratio was high too. This test is a diagnosis test for multiple myeloma, and I am just trying to figure out if it's one that can test positive if you have something besides myeloma. But I wouldn't fret too much. And tell your doctor your concerns and demand answers. Sorry I couldn't be more help. But dont ever forget, this is your body and the doctors job is to help you stay healthy and if he is suggesting cancer, he better be damn sure to run all the tests necassary to get an official diagnosis.
Good luck and hit me up if you have any more questions.
Andrea