Cancer Community
Ewing Sarcoma in Adult primary site lung

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

My husband was diagnosed 4 months ago with Ewings Sarcoma stage 4.  He is 53 years old, diabetic, thyroid disease normal weight for his height.  His primary site was in the right lung, with an 8cm diameter tumor.  Within 3 weeks it formed tumors in 40 medistinium lymph nodes.  I have some of the best physicians in the country working with him.  He is currently taking chemo with future plans to do radiation therapy.  The first rounds of chemo did not touch the tumor, in fact, it grew 0.5 cm.  But no one can tell us his life expectency.  I am trying to find someone who has had this type of case in the past and can give us some answers.  We are newlyweds and want to know how much time we have left together.  Thanks, Yana