Cancer Community
Lung Nodules

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Lung Nodules

I was diagnosed with having two Lung Nodules 3 and 4 mm in my right lung recently. I have been having pain in the right side of my chest and back below my shoulder blade. Do Lung Nodules hurt? Is this normal with having nodules? It isnt time to get the second of many CT scans yet and was wondering what to do? Wait till the 2nd CT scan, call a Pulmonologist, go to the emergency room? Its a low dull ache with the occasionaly sharp pain. Not sure what to do. Any one with knowledge, suggestions, help? I quit smoking as soon as the doctor told me about them. I too scared to even light up.
  • lung nodule (5 replies):
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this site so I hope I'm in the r...[more]
  • Lung nodules (2 replies):
    I had a productive cough in April and I went to dr. I ha...[more]
  • 5mm Nodule in lung (11 replies):
    While going to the Doctor for an unrelated matter, they ...[more]
  • lung nodule (3 replies):
    I am a 40 year old non smoker. A chest xray revealed a s...[more]
  • nodule (1 replies):
    After a CT scan it was discovered that I had a 3 mm well...[more]
I would be aggresive (aggressive) in seeking treatment. I would get copies of your test results and make an appointment with an oncologist immediately. When my husband was diagnosed with a spot on my lung, they said they would watch it. After 7 months of watching it with repeat MRI's every 2 months being told it was nothing to worry about, all of a sudden it was lung, lymph node, 2 brain tumors, spinal tumors, bone cancer and liver cancer. He died in 12 weeks. Please be aggresive (aggressive), it may be nothing, but if diagnosed early there are lots of treatments available to help. Just letting it go is not an option.
Have they told you if this nodules are malignant or bening?
Still too early to tell. They wont even biopsy them until they are at least 1.5 cm my doctor said. Thankfully after quitting smoking the chest pains eased after two weeks and havent had chest pains since. Pulmonology  fuction test came back normal which surprises me after smoking for 20 yrs. Guess I'll have to wait to see if they get any bigger.
hi Rych

im doing the wait and see thing too..i quit smoking also..it seems we 3 have a similar situation on our hands..i have been experiencing abdominal pain as well..right under the rib where the nodule is ..my next scan date is october 22..if i have no growth i will be at 1 year !!!!!!!!!

In the meantime i am working and just trying to be postive..i could tell you a story that is kind of funny but it isnt..when i found out ..of course i was in panic mode..

so i promtly passed a kidneystone ..while feeling extremely sorry for myself...then...still feeling sorry for myself..i fell down the attic stairs..got a compression fracture in my vertabrae...still crying and feeling sorry for myself..i awoke the next morning lying on the couch..on demerol..crying and feeling sorry for myself only to discover that i had contracted pinkeye while in the emergency room.. ( could i make all this up??).......so God and i had a little talk...i wasnt going to feel sorry for myself..and if he gave me a good  day..i would truly appreciate it ! hahah....so now i dont feel sorry for myself and i dont panic unless the doc gives me a reason to ..and try to stay optimistic ..:) So if i am a lil too perky try to remember im not trying to irritate ..just trying to keep my end of the deal !!!!!  Hope your day is going great
Kath