Cancer Expert Forum
Lymphocytosis and Adenopathy

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Lymphocytosis and Adenopathy

My 5yr old daughter has had very enlarged lymph nodes for over 6mths. At first, it was a 3-4cm cervical node on the right side. She now has a 1cm node on the left side, just above the clavicle. She has ongoing belly pain. She has had numerous blood test. Always showing lymphocytosis. Her lymp count is now up to 62% (normal is up to 40%). When they did a CT scan due to belly pain, they found "numeroud messentary and retroperitneal lymph nodes". Mono, Mycoplasma, and Cytomegalovirus labs are all negative. I am very concerned at this point. We are scheduled to see the surgeon this Friday for a lymph node biopsy. Should I worry about a lukemia? A lymphoma? Any advice is appreciated!!
It is important that lymphoma and leukemia are ruled out immediately. An FNAC or a biopsy with histopathological examination and immunochemistry will help in this matter.
A bone marrow biopsy and a whole body PET-CT would also be informative.
All the best, and God Bless!
Thank you for your quick response. We spoke with surgeon today. He said the lymph node on her right side is actually closer to 7cm. We are scheduled Tuesday for a biopsy.
Good Luck! Pl let me know the test result.
My daugher had her lymph node biopsy today. The surgeon said it was much larger than what we thought. He said we could actually only feel about 30% of it. There were 2 other large nodes with it. One of the major nerves ran through it, plus it also had a blood vessel so it ended up a micro-disecection. She came out of surgery fine, but when she finally started to come around, we were told the specimen was put into a wrong type of container and they could not use it to test the lymph node!! She ended up in a 2nd surgery today to remove another lymph node. This one was much smaller, more like a bb right under the skin. Will this still be OK for testing?

Thank you again for your responses and help!
If this is a representative lymph node, it should yeild the correct diagnosis.
Pl let me know when the histopathology and the immunohistochemistry reports are available.
Good Luck!
Any more news, have the results come back yet.  Thinking of you xx
A related discussion, leukocytosis,anti ds dna was started.