Opacification on X-Ray
On June 5 I had xrays and blood work done due to my back to back colds and flu for the last three months.  I have also had significant weight loss.  I had just chalked it all up to a low immune system caused by stress.  I was given a strong antibiotic and Ventolin (usually take Symbacort when I have a chest infection) and these seem to have helped clear up my diagnosis of pneumonia.
My xray results: Large undefined opcaification of the upper right lobe, possibly anterior, possible pneumonia in the correct clinical setting.  Follow up xrays required to ensure resolution.  CTScan required for further evaulation.
Bloodwork results: severly low hemoglobin, all other ranges are normal
My doctor didn't want to address the low hemoglobin and seemed quite concerned by the xrays.  I'm having a follow up xray mid July to ensure that the pneumonia has run its course - which it already has, although I still have diminished lung strength and occasional coughing (phlegm tastes utterly toxic at times - rancid).
Now I have had electrical type impulses in my right lung.  Not sore, not unfortable...just a vibration like you would feel on a speaker.
I should also mention I am a 40 year old woman and I was a smoker up until June 5 when I lost lung function and realized that these precious organs should not ever be taken for granted.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I should also mention that my doctor actually said that if the image on the xray doesn't imrove on the next xray we would could be looking at Cancer.  He actually said Cancer.