Ovarian Cancer
Hi! I was operated on 13 Feb.2013 as there was a recurrence of tumor in pelvic region. It is operated and doctor declared me cancer free. But still I am getting Chemo. I got 3 cycles. When I started my chemo my CA-125 level was 10.6. After second cycle it was 10.3. Now doctor told me to do CBC, kreatin, SGPT, CA-125, USG of abdomen and pelvis,X-ray of chest to decide for further chemo cycles. All my reports are good. SGPT has reduced from 125 to 80. But CA-125 has raised. It is now 11.7.
I am a bit worried as why its level raised. Is it showing recurrence of cancer? Please help.
How are you? What are the symptoms present? It is good that the results of the other tests were normal. Elevated CA-125 levels can be due to a false positive result or possible relapse. Further evaluation may need to be done.  It is best that you discuss the results with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.