RCC Kidney Cancer
My sister is 37 years old and was diagnosed with RCC Kidney Cancer last year.  They removed her kidney and thought they got it all.  She got pregnet and had a baby boy about 2 months ago.  She went to the doctor for a year check up on the kidney cancer and they seen 2 shadows on her liver.  They sent her to some specialist and they did some test and said there is 3 spots on her liver and it is RCC kidney cancer, but this time it is two types Clear cell and papillary and because of where it is it is inoperable and it is stage IV.  They started her on IV treatment 11/12. What other treatment is there for this type of cancer?  What survivor rate is there?  Has anyone had anything simaler?
has anyone had or know anything about RCC cancer
Has any one had Torisol? Did it work?
Kidney cancer has many histologic types, among which are those you already mentioned: clear cell and papillary.
Treatment usually consists of various hormonal and chemotherapeutic drugs, though at present there is no gold standard.  Torisel is one of the newer treatment options for renal cell carcinoma.  Other treatment options include the use of Sorafenib or Sunitinib.
Thank you.
Torisol has kept my Mom alive with Stage IV RCC> SHe has thrush, no taste, blue feet, and chemical sensitivities that keep here away from anyone with perfume or anything that remotely smells like chemicals. She is very sensitive to touch also. It works but her life is tied to an IV pole. She needs hydration 2X a week Chemo 1X a week and blood 1X a month. Tooo tired to go anywhere.
Sory to her about your mom, she is in my prays.  My sister is now on suitin a month ago, but she had to go off it to have a tumor removed from her hip and has started back on it and is starting radiation tomorrow on the other tumor on her tailbone.  She is doing really good.  She says she is in alot of pain but she wasn't giving up she was hanging in there for her son, she wants to see him grow up and I hope she gets to.  You can tell she is really tired but she is doing everything she has ever want to do now that there finances allow them to do.  There is a drug overseas that is suppose to help kill the cancer that her & her doctor are waiting on now.  I hope it makes it back to the states in time for her.  Please keep her in your prays.