Cancer Community
Skin cancer already spread to lymph nodes?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I just recently had a mole biopsy and I am very concerned about what the result may be...I have lots of moles but had not had a checkup in about 5 years... I am concerned about possible cancer spreading to my lymph nodes...I have never had swollen lymph nodes but over the past two years I have had the occasional tickling/tingling sensation on my side torso...and sometimes soreness but then it goes away for a long time (have not felt that in a while)...I have had two rashes recently in my left arm pit that went away after 3-4 days...I simply chalked it up to either soap or heat that irritated it...Then I read online about lymphs nodes and cancer and all of this seemed to make sense...What do you think?
I wanted to add...if my lymph nodes had cancer in them, wouldn't my side torso and underarm continue be a little sore or tingle or at least start to swell?  Is the fact that my rash goes away quickly a good sign?
I don't think that your tingling and rash have anything to do with lymph nodes.

It is hard to tell what is a cancerous lymph node without biopsy but swelling and being very hard are more worrying signs. Most times enlarged nodes are due to a local infection.

Try to just wait for your biopsy results and not get too concerned about something having spread before even knowing whether you even have skin cancer or not.

I know that's easier said than done. Be kind to yourself while you wait. It is stressful.
I really appreciate that...It is very stressful...I just have to hope and pray for the best....