Aa
A
A
Close
Spot on lip
I am 17 years old and have 2 small white painless lesions/spots on the inside/outside border of my lip.  One is about 3 mm in diameter and the other is about 1.5 mm in diameter.  I have noticed the larger one for about a year, and im not sure but i feel that its gotten slightly larger.  I have no pain or lumps under the spots.  I can feel the spots with my tongue though, its slightly raised and rougher than the surrounding skin. I went to the dentist to have it checked out, she told me that it was most likely a spot of loss pigmentation and reffered me to an oral surgeon to have a biopsy, the oral surgeon looked at it and decided not to do a biopsy because he believed it was nothing to worry about, just a build up of cells (scar tissue) from bitting it, although I told him I dont bite my lip.  I know I have age on my side and 9 out of 10 cases of oral cancer occur over the age of 45.  Although I am a frequent tanner at a tanning salon and sun exposure is a huge factor.  I can't stop worrying about lip cancer and would like some input on my situation. thank you.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi.  Since those lip lesions have persisted for a year, you may wish to see another oral surgeon for a second opinion.  A biopsy may be worth doing so that the nature of those lesions may be determined once and for all, and your worries allayed.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources