Spot on lip
I am 17 years old and have 2 small white painless lesions/spots on the inside/outside border of my lip.  One is about 3 mm in diameter and the other is about 1.5 mm in diameter.  I have noticed the larger one for about a year, and im not sure but i feel that its gotten slightly larger.  I have no pain or lumps under the spots.  I can feel the spots with my tongue though, its slightly raised and rougher than the surrounding skin. I went to the dentist to have it checked out, she told me that it was most likely a spot of loss pigmentation and reffered me to an oral surgeon to have a biopsy, the oral surgeon looked at it and decided not to do a biopsy because he believed it was nothing to worry about, just a build up of cells (scar tissue) from bitting it, although I told him I dont bite my lip.  I know I have age on my side and 9 out of 10 cases of oral cancer occur over the age of 45.  Although I am a frequent tanner at a tanning salon and sun exposure is a huge factor.  I can't stop worrying about lip cancer and would like some input on my situation. thank you.
Hi.  Since those lip lesions have persisted for a year, you may wish to see another oral surgeon for a second opinion.  A biopsy may be worth doing so that the nature of those lesions may be determined once and for all, and your worries allayed.