Cancer Community
brain tumor?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

brain tumor?

I was wondering when you should get help if you feel you have a brain tumor? What symptoms are the major ones for possibly having a brain tumor?  I'm tired, sometimes dizzy, ringing ears, headaches every once in a while, nautious every once in a while, and sometimes feel like my vision is acting up, like its unreal? I don't konw if this is anxiety (which I have) or something to get looked at?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
146866_tn?1199599344
Hi,
I would first visit your general doctor. You may just have an infection that is causing those symptoms. I would eliminate that before getting the CT done.
Good luck
Blank
You might want to check out the American Brain Tumor Association's website.  Here is an excerpt from their site about brain tumor symptoms:

How do you know if you have a brain tumor? If you are concerned about any symptoms you are experiencing, or anything you read here, we encourage you to consult your doctor. Share your concerns. The listed symptoms can have many different causes; your doctor can listen to your medical history and make suggestions to help find the cause for your symptoms.

General Symptoms of a Brain Tumor

Headaches are a common initial symptom. Typical "brain tumor headaches" are often described as worse in the morning, with improvement gradually during the day. They may rouse the person from sleep. Sometimes, upon awakening, the person vomits then feels better. These headaches may worsen with coughing, exercise, or with a change in position such as bending or kneeling. They also do not typically respond to the usual headache remedies.
--------

There are other symptoms listed such as:

Seizures
Personality Changes
Hearing problems such as ringing or buzzing sounds or Hearing loss,
Decreased muscle control,
Lack of coordination,
Decreased sensation,
Weakness or paralysis,
Difficulty with walking or speech,
Balance problems,  
Double vision.

Hope this helps

Blank
182474_tn?1223954159
Carol A has copied over some good information.  The symptoms you describe are vague and can be from many different sources.  Your regular physician can help tease out the different reasons for these.

Enoch Choi, MD
Blank
an MRI revealed my brain tumors. A CT done the night before only showed  the largest one. the MRI revealed the other 3.
Blank
I'm terrified I might have a brain tumor and I'm 15, I'm curious what medical treatment are you receiving?? Can they be removed?? Please let me know because I'm terrified .I really hope it turns out good for you I really do.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...