chronic cough
i have been coughing since August 2008 till date, have done so many CXR, blood test, sputum test, mantoux, HIV test and nothing was discovered. Recently, i did another CXR and Sputum test and was told again it wasn't TB. I was told to have a report on my CXR which says i should go for a CT Scan because the CXR report shows am having an infection in my right upper lobe opacity which have not done. Pls, am getting fedup with it, what exactly is wrong with me because it seems to be getting too much this days. thanks
The mere reason your having these episodes of cough means there's a underlying problem. My advice is to check a specialist in this areas or a microbiologist as respiratory diseases range from bacterias, viruses, fungi. TO me it sound like its a lower respiratory tract of infection. Pray and keep strong go do the test, sometimes is when we are at or wits end the problem is revealed.
Hello, I saw this and thought I should respond with something that I know from what went on in my family, but by no means am I an expert.

Three people in my family died from lung cancer, and from this experience, I know that by the time nodules or anything shows up in an x-ray, it's pretty much too late.  For treatable lung cancer and to detect it early on, a CAT scan needs to be performed.  I also know that I am watched on a regular basis and they do CAT scans on me because I used to smoke (I know, stupid, but I started when I was a punk kid), and I am at high risk.

Also, a dry cough is an indication of lung cancer, and you need to be checked thoroughly by a respiratory specialist.  Good luck.
I would recommend consulting a Pulmonologist to sort out what is going on with your lungs; specialty for respiratory/lung issues ASAP.

It is unfortunate people get the "runaround" until  they are too bad off to help or worse.  

Keep us posted.