dome of bladder
lzh
I had a CT scan that showed a 5cm by 5cm by 3.5 cm mass on top of the bladder dome after having a cystoscopy biopsy and needle biopsy it was negative for malingnant the phatology report only says
"Fresh blood"
"Hemosiderin laden macrophages" are present
my doctor want to remove the mass with a part of the bladder saying that he will not know what it is until after surgery
i would like to get your opinion on this also im looking for a good doctor in nyc for this issue to get a second opinion if you can help me with this as well
one thing to note that 5 weeks after the CT scan i had a MRI with showed the mass only 4.5 by 3.5 by 3.5
thanks
Hi.  Removing part of the bladder along with the mass (called segmental cystectomy) without definite proof that the mass is malignant may be an overly aggressive procedure. I would favor a more cautious approach. Possibly a repeat cystoscopic biopsy on multiple sites.  It would also help for you to get a second opinion before committing to more extensive surgery.
lzh
who in NYC specializes in these types of situations
Hi.  Sorry but I'm not from NYC so I don't know who the specialists are in that area.  But I'm sure they have a doctors' list somewhere in the internet. Just search for it.
lzh
who is considered in the country for a top doctor for partial cystectomy and a diagnoser to know what this can be