Cancer Community
dome of bladder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

dome of bladder

I had a CT scan that showed a 5cm by 5cm by 3.5 cm mass on top of the bladder dome after having a cystoscopy biopsy and needle biopsy it was negative for malingnant the phatology report only says
"Fresh blood"
"Hemosiderin laden macrophages" are present
my doctor want to remove the mass with a part of the bladder saying that he will not know what it is until after surgery
i would like to get your opinion on this also im looking for a good doctor in nyc for this issue to get a second opinion if you can help me with this as well
one thing to note that 5 weeks after the CT scan i had a MRI with showed the mass only 4.5 by 3.5 by 3.5
thanks
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  Removing part of the bladder along with the mass (called segmental cystectomy) without definite proof that the mass is malignant may be an overly aggressive procedure. I would favor a more cautious approach. Possibly a repeat cystoscopic biopsy on multiple sites.  It would also help for you to get a second opinion before committing to more extensive surgery.
who in NYC specializes in these types of situations
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  Sorry but I'm not from NYC so I don't know who the specialists are in that area.  But I'm sure they have a doctors' list somewhere in the internet. Just search for it.
who is considered in the country for a top doctor for partial cystectomy and a diagnoser to know what this can be