Cancer Community
lump on back of neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

lump on back of neck

I have a lump on the back of my neck in the middle next to the top of my spine.It appeared about 6 months ago the size of a pea but has grown now to about the size of a marble,its very hard and has started to hurt a little as if I have been sleeping the wrong way.When you touch it it moves around slightly.Has anyone got any advice on what it could be as Im starting to get a little worried especially as it has grown.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  It's hard to second-guess what that lump is.  Since it has persisted and has progressively grown during a six month interval, it would be best to have it examined by a doctor.  A biopsy of that lump may need to be done to identify it properly.
I have the same type of lump in the middle of my neck like right on my spine. I also thought I slept the wrong way because I can feel it grow in my sleep and that's when it bothers me or hurts the most.