Cancer Community
primary pertioneal cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

primary pertioneal cancer

I was told ths last Dec. 2012 I have stage 3 primary peritioneal cancer.  So far have had 3 chemo treatments.  We found a mass about 4" long; 3 1/2" to 4 1/2" width; tapering down to about 2-3" at top & bottom, oval or egg shaped. Feel like on liver or very close to it.  doctor ordered an abdominal scan to see what it is.  I have already been drained two times.  I need to know survial rates.  If you could help I would greatly appreciate you help.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
I am sorry to know about your illness. This mass can be arising from liver or anyu other abdominal organ. An ultrasound will help in detecting the exact origin and cause of this mass. Peritoneal cancer is a rare cancer. The prognosis will depend on complications of the cancer, spread of the cancer, and possible complications of therapy. You should also be screened for known associated cancers and cancer syndromes .Again this mass needs to be evaluated and will further determine the prognosis of your condition. Few favorable prognostic factors are epithelial subtype, absence of lymph node metastasis, completeness of cytoreduction scores of CC-0 or CC-1 and use of hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy. It is best to consult your doctor and have frank discussion about your health concerns and queries. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!