Cancer Community
rectal bleeding, lump
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rectal bleeding, lump

I have noticed a bit of blood on the toilet paper after bowel movement. I have no access to my doctor (travelling), so I have self-examined. There are no visible external haemorrhoids. On self-administered per rectum I can feel a hard small lump (about 0.5 cm in size) 7 cm inside on the posterior rectal wall. I have a history of fatal sigmoid cancer in the family (father), and I am 36.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
How are you? Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the lower portion of the rectum and may present with anal itching, pain during bowel movements, one or more tender lumps near anus and presence of bright red blood on toilet tissue, stool, or in the toilet bowl. Over-the-counter corticosteroid creams to help reduce pain and swelling, stool softeners, and Hot sitz baths can help provide relief. Increased fluids and fiber intake may also help. With your family  history of  sigmoid cancer, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation.  Direct physical examination and diagnostic tests like stool exam or sigmoidoscopy may help with the diagnosis.Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
527321_tn?1212634082
Hi, You really need to see a doctor now. Find a colorrectal doctor not a general doctor. My husband had blood when he moved his bowels and I got him in right away and they did a colonoscopy and other tests, he had cancer in the sigmoid, they removed the whole sigmoid and the lymph nodes all around it and there was no signs of cancer there, so everything went well. That was because they caught it early real early. This is a treatable cancer if it is caught very early. So I would suggest you get in now.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...