Cancer Community
right abdominal mass
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

right abdominal mass

In 2006 my husband was diagnosed with head and neck cancer.  He is very stubborn.  He was advised to undergo radiation and chemo.  He took 5 radiation treatments and 1 chemo treatment.  Then he announced (against doctor's advice) that he was finished with treatment.  They told him it would probably return.  While on vacation last week, he noticed an enlarged area on the right side of his abdomen.  Since we have returned, I have started nagging him to make an appointment with the doctor.  He is procrastinating.  I am worried to death.  Could this be an enlarged organ?  I am wondering if there is a "most likely" area for returning cancer.  He had a PET scan at the beginning of this which did not show a primary area.  If anyone can give me some info or send me to a website that may help me either to quit worrying or nag harder, I would really appreciate it.  
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
154765_tn?1237251544
Ya, men could be stubbon......I know your liver is there........Is it enlarge under neath the ribs?
Blank
Yes, underneath the ribs.  He had hepatitis C many, many years ago.  
Blank
154765_tn?1237251544
Tell your husband he should go ASAP he could have a sign of liver cancer or it could be a bengin ........Since he had hepatitis C before he has a risk of liver cancer...Im not scaring you, Im not a doctor I just know what risk factors of liver cancer cause I have a benign tumor on my liver thank god it's nothing..... Since he had cancer before it's a chancer he can get it again.  Any quiestions Im here for ya........I know all about liver cancer...

Good Luck!!!
Blank
Thanks.  
Blank
154765_tn?1237251544
Ya welcome
Blank
223001_tn?1189759422
read my article please - http://www.mesothelioma-portal.info/treatment-ways/alimta-cisplatin-approval-by-fda/
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank