Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Anybody have experience with the Carpal Rx?

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

I'm treating the carpal tunnel in my right hand since my doctor admitted surgery only "might" help (other words, she didn't guarantee it would help me). So I'm looking around for the best options and found a machine called Carpal rx and its seems pretty good. And they offer a money back guarantee if it doesnt work. But it seems like a new product...does anybody have any experience with it (good or bad)? I'd love to hear. Thanks, Martina
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome are caused due to compression of the median nerve in the wrist. Nerve conduction studies will help to study this nerve and show the effects on the nerve. If here is a compression it will show up in this study. And the compression needs to be removed for the symptoms to resolve. So, not sure how the machine works to relieve the compression.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thanks for that. I've read quite a bit about how cts symptoms appear. Doctors say pain comes from compressing the nerve which comes from inflamation (inflammation) and fluid built up inside the carpel tunnel. It seems logical if you get rid of all that then pain will go away, right? Well, that's what the Carpal Rx says happens. Which makes sense. I just want to know if it has worked for anybody reading this. (However, yesterday I purchased one anyway.....money back guarantee, so what's to lose?) Thanks again! M.Z.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

No harm in trying the machine. Along with that, good working style like working without bending the wrist, smooth movements and taking breaks in between for stretching the hands will help prevent carpal tunnel syndrome. Further wearing wrist support or wrist braces can further support along with strengthening exercises. Good Luck with your therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.