Abby is Going Back to the Vet!
My cat is going back to the vet. His bleeding has gone insanely bad, and it has become ridiculous for a cat to be bleeding like this. He was fine until last night. I found blood again and all the mucuse from the colon was covered in blood and loose stool. This morning the story was the same, or worse, so I think it's time for him to be seen again by his vet.

I need prayers here. Treatment (antibiotics and prednisone) obviously didn't work.  He is only 1 year old. I will keep you all updated as soon as I get back from the vet.

I know we do not have much experience dealing with Inflammatory Bowel Disease in cats, but it will make me feel better to know that I have your support.

PK1
Hey, crabs or no crabs-you say margarita, and I'm with ya at the spa!!

I hope you feel better soon, so you and your hubby can have a fun night together!!
Just how do you know about those crabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL
Let's see, one time I had these really awesome soft shell crabs at a great restaurant called Surfrider.  If you ever come to the Va Beach area, you have to go!

That is the crabs we're talking about, right?

Sarah, you've got such a dirty mind!!!!  You are offending me, and must be reported!  LOL
Ok guys, I'm back! Well, the verdict is in! We went to....guess where? Red Lobster, of course! And what do you think I had? The seafood platter with lobster, shrimp scampi and...wait for it......
CRAB LEGS!!!!!!
Yes, indeedy I did and they were soooo good! LOL

I came home and was talking to my daughter and she was lifting out one of her sand crabs out of their cage while I was talking and I told her to guess what I had for dinner! When I said crab legs she stepped back away from me craddling this dumb little crab in her hands with this look of horror on her face, lol. I told her the ones I had though were much bigger and not to worry because that little crab she has wouldn't have enough meat on it. I told her they were very good and tasty, though! She just gave me this look, lol. I'm so mean! :D

Anyway, ZQ, you were SO right! Red Lobster's biscuits are soooo good! I brought some home, lol.
Afterwards we went and saw Four Christmases. It was cute. I would recommend it. All in all a pretty good night. Good night all!
Glad to hear that you had such a good time, you deserved it!  I've been wondering if that movie was good.  And, you went to Red Lobster-still can't believe that you've never been!  You are right, those biscuits are the bomb!!!!  I sent ya a link to the recipe about a week or two ago.  Did ya get it?  I'm wondering how close it is to the real deal.
Crabs?  You mean like Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob?  He's the owner of the Krusty Krab.

Sarah?  A dirty mind.  No way  lol  S and the beagle wouldn't allow it.  They'd blow up her computer  = )

Hoss is fine.  He doesn't wear a bathing suit; he prefers to swim nekkid.  He appreciate you asking about him even though he is a dog hiding in the cat forum.

The spiders are confused.  They don't know whether they are invited or not.  In fact, I don't know if this whole thing happened while I haven't been here.  D'uh.

Merry Christmas to all our partners in crime!!!!!

S and the beagle
Sarah, is that true-you let S and the beagle boss you around???  LOL

Wolfie, how in the world could we have a party w/out ya???  It wouldn't be the same.  And, Skunkie, Snickers, Sakura, Misha, and Abster would probably really enjoy the spiders company-as a snack that can be chased!!!!  LOL

Well, I know Misha enjoys playing with moths and eating them so what's a little spider? Sakura would enjoy torturing them too! I know she wants to get into that crab tank so bad, lol.

Gotta go wrap some presents, I guess. I'm trying to motivate myself, lol.
Good night everybody!
Goodness, this thread keeps getting longer LOL
Yes it is true......I am owned by S and the beagle!!!!
Just dropping in to see wow this thread keeps growing by the hour, lol. Now I'm hungry for crab legs and butter, lol.

Sarah, aint that true?  We are all owned by our pets. That's their master plan. Take over the world one human at a time.  You think those sad puppy eyes are to just win an extra treat and a back scratch...think again!

I'm making cookies, but Sahib wants to eat them before they are done... He already bit off the leg of one of my teddy bear cookies and left scratchs on one of our stars.
I am telling ya. It's a record on the cat forum how long this thread is.

We're ALL owned by our pets, even if it's a bird, it don't matter, they own us! Poor us think we own our animals. Abby's got me waking up earlier than usual to cook for him.  You would think I'm his servant, wouldn't you? Well good, because I am lol

Hugs to everybody and Merry Christmas!
I saw this sign awhile back and it said.......Dogs have owners, Cats have staff!!!!!
I think I've heard of that line somewhere.. I'll have to see if my grandma still has a couple cat books that have some really cute sayings. One of them went like:

Make a noise as louds as you can, in the middle of the night. Your human will gladly come to offer you food and warmth.
The book is called Utterly Adorable Cats --A Helen Exley GiftBook

Some of my favorites:

"No matter how busy you are try to take time out to appriciate the arts.
Spend a few moments clawing some expensive wallpaper then lie back,
relax, and enjoy your creative efforts." ~ Tapioca

"Every warmed cushion is made for a cat
Every sunbeam finds a cat."

"A wise cat aquires wisdom
through spending
long periods motionlessly
staring into space
considering issues
of universal importants ---
such as,
'Where will I sleep Next?'".

Mathematics of Probability:
The chance of a cat doing e
verything its human wants it to do
equals zero.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  LMAO  MJ That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah, I have heard that phrase too LOL
I thought everyone on the cat forum could enjoy that book. =)

Here's the one I was trying to quote:

"Any Noise worth making is
worth making,
at full volume,
in the middle of the night."

"Should you accidently find yourself
out in the dark, scary dead of the night
don't suffer in silence.
Wail loudly and persistantly --
your human will happily get out of bed
to come to your rescue and prepare
you a midnight snack."

~ Simba

The photo on the next page is awesome too. It's a fish-eye angle shot close up of a cat's mouth as it is meowing.
LOL I gotta get me that book!!!! Thank you for making my day LOL
That book must have been written by a cat.

Sarah - I've seen that sign about cats having staff  lol  What do spiders have?  How did a thread it the cat forum manage to include dogs (Hoss), spiders and crabs?  Did anyone mention birds yet?  Birds in a cat forum?  How .... um .... (at a loss for words).

---------------------------------------->  going back to the corner and finding PK there with my stash

= )

I used to have a parakeet! It died about a year ago (of old age. Don't worry, the cats didn't get to it!) We still have the cage and my daughter's been bugging me for another bird. Like we need more of a zoo here! Who do you think cleaned that cage all the time? And yeah, it's fun having a bird and cats! You have to really watch them!
Anybody else have birds?
lonewolf, great to hear from you again! Get back out of that corner and visit with us for awhile, girl! lol
Knowing what a trouble maker that Sakura is, I'm surprised that she didn't try to get in the cage with the paraeet.  LOL  You better keep your eye on that one, she's too nosy for her own good.  Tabby cats are usually very smart AND smart = nosy.  AND nosy = trouble!!!  LOL

Yeah, Wolf get out of that corner.....you just got here!!!
Oh, you're not kidding, ZQ! You should see our Christmas tree! I'm going to have to buy a new garland next year, the little booger.
Yeah, she tests my patience alright!
She really likes the new squeaky mouse we bought her. Maybe this will keep her out of trouble for awhile! One can always hope!
No birds here, but I have at times tried to keep an ant farm.  It seems whenever I try they all end up dying over the winter. :(  But we do have our jungle of house plants. Grandma was about to decorate the umbrella tree for Christmas, but we eventually settled on a tiny artificial tree. Surprisingly both our cats left the tree alone.  We must have the only cats who don't bother the tree, lol.

But Sahib was frequently checking the gifts to see if they were for him, lol.  He liked to mouth the bow things on them.
Cool, it sounds like Sakura is getting lots of exercise with her new squeaky toy.  She will be bikini-ready in no time and will no longer need to suck in her gut!!!  :D
S looks like a real stud kitty in his speedo but says the beagle looks like a penguin in her string bikini!!!!!

I used to have a parakeet........her name was Lucille......I found her 2 feet up one morning but she was old.  Classy little "keet" she was.

We wanted to get the beagle a worm farm for Christmas but she likes the dead ones to roll in so couldnt see getting that just to let the worms croak and dry up!!!!!  Found a bow in the water dish this morning so S must of had one stashed in his "snack bar".  He puts all of his treasures in the water dish!!!!

Spiders??? hmmmm i dont know what to say about them.  Oh i did hear once that spiders are a sign of a clean house!!!!  Mine must be emaculate!!!!
Speaking of spiders......A few years ago when my grandson was about 4 my daughter kept saying she was finding all these dead spiders in her house and couldnt figure out where they were all coming from........Come to find out my grandson was using the catch and release program!!!!  He told me one day it was too hot for the spiders so he was bringing them into the house to cool off!!!!!!

Oh ya this is the cat forum isnt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL
Yes this is the cat forum, lol. I don't know how we got to talking about spiders. I just know I seem to be the only one in my immediat family not afraid of spiders, except maybe my dad who seems indifferent to them.  I'd be the one to catch them and let them go or tease my younger sister.

Orb Weavers are really pretty.

Back on topic:

Well today Sahib was a real brat! He bit into my 3rd batch of cookies and spilled over my cup of water...
Bring him over. He and Sakura can be bratty together and wear each other out. :)

Does he knock over glasses too? Sakura seems to think it's her job to knock over any unattended glass. Stinker.
S is being sooooooooo naughty today.  He is in the tree, in the water bowl, attacking my ankles, meowing at me when i tell him no all the while he is walking straight at me just talking back.  I would gladly give him away for a can of orange crush and a pack of smokes!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a brat he is!!!!
I'm out of the corner.  We're still trying to figure out cat names.  Last time I was at MH the "new" cats were Laverne and Teabag but my daughter is calling them Stupid and Stunned.  I heard one of them phoning S and Skunkie about world domination.  I think they might be spies.

MJ, April, sarah - Anakin doesn't spill cookies - he eats them'  he doesn't knock over glasses of water - he just chews wires  = (

How about naming them Thelma and Louise????  I think it's cute!!  MUCH nicer than Stupid and Stunned!  LOL
I like Thelma and Louise!!!!!

S hates most foods except turkey and ham!!!!  He wont eat any sweets.  Must be watching his waistline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't Thelma and Louise have a bad ending though? lol
How about Laverne and Shirley? Anybody remember that show? Am I showing my age? lol
Since she found them around Christmas, what about a holiday sounding name like Noel, Snowflake, Holly or something like that? Of course, it would be easier if we could see what they look like. Send us a picture, lonewolf, so we can see them! Don't you know we want to name your new kitties for you! Lol
I'm sorry everybody, but ANYTHING is better than Stupid and Stunned!  I was thinking Thelma and Louise because it fit the kittens!  Two good buddies that had a wild adventure.  I was also thinking some cute X-mas names would be good for them.  It was a miracle that those poor freezing kittens found Wolfie's house.  They sure as heck knew which house to go to!!!!  LMAO.
Maybe I'll just stick with Laverne and Teabag and save Stupid and Stunned for special occasions.  Too bad Laverne sounds like such a floozy name  lol

How could you doubt what house they'd come to.  Our gate has a sign telling all strays to just come in and make themselves at home.

Very interesting Wolf!!  What's that saying???????..............Birds of a feather, flock together!!  LOL  

HMMMMMM!!!
Hmm, too bad they're not a male and female. I could think of a lot more couples type names. :)
Why Teabag, lonewolf? Does she try to drink your tea or something? I like tea! Any kind of tea, herbal, black, chamomile, peppermint. Yum!
Ok, the lack of sleep is getting to me. I'm getting goofy and weird now. Night everyone!
I am a huge tea drinker too!!!  :D  EVERYDAY!  I do green tea, earl grey, chai tea, and white tea.  I do between 2 and 4 tea bags a day.  I am convinced that it's kept me healthy-unfortunately does nothing for my allergies!

I asked Wolf-WHY TEABAG????  She didn't say!  She had Laverne, so I said why not Shirley????  It just goes together!
I thought of Laverne and Shirley but Teabag just doesn't look like a Shirley - she looks more like Lenny and Squiggy.  She got the name Teabag because she found a teabag liked playing with it.  Only my significant other drinks tea.  Good thing the cat didn't find a beer bottle  = )

They should be having their FIV test today and if they don't have it, we can let them run around.  Then comes the vaccinations and spaying.  The fun just never ends.

Good luck with the tests!!  The kitties were lucky to find you!  BTW, Squiggy is a very cute name!
Squiggy is a guy  lol

The FIV test will probably be later this week.  The vet said that if they appear healthy, they probably are but since I'm paranoid - all that time in the corner - I think it's better to keep them segregated.

Wow, this thread has reached my favorite number: 300 (The movie?)
So am i the 303rd poster then?????????????
Sorry to disappoint you hun, but you're the 302nd. I am the 303rd LOL
Lonewolf, Squiggy can be a unisex name!!  LOL.  Who's to say that TEABAG is not a male name?????  :D
As long as they understand their names and come to you when you call, it's ok. They will be desexed any ways :)
Squiggy and Teabag - sounds like a law firm; Squiggy and Teabag, Attorneys at Law

PK - yes, they'll be desexed  = )

well i must be the 307th then now!!!!