Cats Community
CRF with anemia - end of life

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

CRF with anemia - end of life

I'm thinking about colostrum for anemia ?

My cat will have senior food for anemia mixed with renal food. In her case science hills science plan mature 7+ turkey with science hills k/d wet. But I think science hills is too strong for her, she is more than 19yo (found in september 1991 as baby-born in my garden).

Is the article serious ?
http://ezinearticles.com/?Colostrum-For-Anemia&id=3960016

Colostrum For Anemia
By Dr. Anthony Kleinsmith

Anemia is a medical condition that occurs when the blood becomes deficient in healthy red blood cells. Since red blood cells are the main means to transport oxygen to the muscles and organs, colostrum becomes a major contributor to having healthy red blood cells.

There are many types of anemia, all being very different in their causes and medical treatments. Some forms are very treatable with diet changes and nutritional supplements while others may represent lifelong health problems.

Deficiencies in vitamin B-12 and folate can lead to anemia since the body requires these vitamins to produce red blood cells. Colostrum has not only folate and B-12, but all of the B vitamin family providing the necessary building blocks to enhance the production of the carriers; red blood cells.

Autoimmune anemia occurs when the immune system inappropriately perceives the red blood cells to be foreign and attacks them. This type of anemia is frequently found in individuals with broad ranging autoimmune diseases, like systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). With the introduction of Proline Rich Polypeptides a balancing takes place within the immune response, which allows for a positive impact on the system with the introduction of true colostrum.

The most common symptoms found in association with many types of anemia are:

• Easy fatigue and loss of energy
• Rapid heartbeat, particularly with exercise
• Shortness of breath and headache, particularly with exercise
• Difficulty concentrating
• Dizziness
• Pale skin
• Leg cramps
• Insomnia

Colostrum is an amazing resource of substances necessary to facilitate the development and repair of cells and tissues, stimulate and support the immune system and assure the effective and efficient metabolism of nutrients. There are very small quantities of growth hormone in complete first milking colostrum, but growth hormone is an extremely potent hormone and, thus, not much is required. It directly affects almost every cell in the body and significantly influences the development of new cells, causing them to generate at a more rapid rate when a sufficient quantity of the hormone is present. Scientific studies have shown that one of the benefits of ingesting even small amounts of growth hormone is repair of damaged cells and limitation of the deterioration of cells associated with the aging process.

The multitude of available IGF-1 binding proteins and related proteins available in the cell is indicative of the many potential effects that the binding of IGF-1 to its specific cell-surface receptor can have on cells. To keep these many effects under control, some of the binding proteins act as checks and balances, allowing the secondary chemical switches in a cell to be turned on and then turning them off when it is appropriate. Therefore, IGF-1 is like the captain of a ship. When it binds to its specific receptor, the ship can move forward, but there are all kinds of systems in place to keep it moving at the right speed and in the right direction.

It is highly desirable to have an appropriate level of IGF-1 in the circulation through dietary supplementation to limit the ever increasing rate of cell death.

High quality first milking colostrum also contains lactoferrin, an iron-transport protein. When lactoferrin is present in the gastrointestinal tract, it captures iron from digested nutrients and facilitates its transport into the body. Having sufficient lactoferrin available is a valuable aid to those afflicted with iron deficiency anemia. In addition, high quality colostrum contains carrier proteins for the B-complex vitamins that substantially enhance their uptake into the bloodstream.

From the above, we can conclude that making sure that there are sufficient quantities of growth hormone, IGF-1, lactoferrin and the carrier proteins in the bloodstream, as would occur by dietary supplementation with a high quality first milking colostrum, like that distributed by Immune-Tree, means maintaining control over cell repair and replacement; carbohydrate and protein metabolism and absorption of iron and the B-complex vitamins. The end result is a means to help your body regenerate the cells and provide the substances that it needs to conquer anemia and overcome the associated fatigue.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dr._Anthony_Kleinsmith
I just bought Colostrum from Healthy Pets (Sedona Labs) at http://www.vitaminlife.com/ - total with shipment (France): 33euros (41$), hope it will come before Christmas.

Then I'll show it to vet before giving.

I can't buy her anything new right now. But as vet told, I'm giving her senior + k/d food mixed in syringe.

For CRF she is still having: Renalzin (phosphate binder) and Mercola probiotics (lowers UREA) and 1/2 Fortekor that is going to be replaced with 1/2 Nelio (Bénazépril, lowers CRF progression by dilation of the blood vessels, gives hypotension).

And I'm feeding her as much as I can, more than 2*20ml a day, I'm trying 4*20ml a day, with a 1hour pause between 2*20ml meal. And she always has a 4-10ml water after each meal.

If anything new, I'll tell you.
Yes, I'm changing for 3 days shipment, they accepted, I'll pay extra but I looked in french and in english at the words: colostrum+anemia in Google page 10 (not page 1), and didn't see no side effects apart inner mother-son species, nothing contagious for outer species, I just hope the cow was not anemic also, because low iron milk is transmitted to its babies.
I'm happy they accepted !!!

I'm also glad I have already bought all of my christmas presents, because since I still am not looking for a job (no worries I never received no money from gov, I'm clean), because I take care of the cat, I'm passing december and january in the zero layer.

Nothing can replace the maternal love I have for my 19yo cat, in my heart there is only her, maternal love is a feeling more profound than boyfriend, school friends, true friendship and family bounds. We forget all other feelings, when one feeling as deep as this one is sick, and we only think about her well-being. What can I do to improve her life, for her to be less sick, for her to feel alright ?

God, I will move mountains for her, and for no one else.

Hi, I'm just wondering if you've been doing intravenous(IV) fluids at home to help flush the kidneys.  If you're not, ask your vet to show you how.  This will make your cat more comfortable and will extend her quality of life.

Also, there's a great link that I think will be helpful to you.  There's some info about a drug that can help with your cat's anemia, which is caused by kidney failure.  You can also do a google search for kidney failure and anemia to learn how these conditions are linked.

I really hope that you find this link useful and I hope it helps.

http://www.felinecrf.com/meds0.htm

Hugs
ZQ
I can't, vet don't propose that. I live in France.

Although my vet is marvelous, the health system in France is based in economy even for humans. My vet clinic is one of the most moderns (yes, most of other clinics only use intuition and send blood tests through post office, but mine have health measuring machines), but they can't propose sophisticated very hard treatment neither alternative medicine. In France Alternative medicine is still more expensive than drugs (for humans), and they have ZERO alternative medicine for pets. Prices of human probiotics are abnormal. So although I buy the best from USA and UK and pay very high shipment, prices are still lower than what you can find in France even for humans, and quality is much more better. Sorry.

" intravenous(IV) fluids " and drugs (although you didn't spoke of it) are vet stuff. I can't do vet stuff at home. And I don't try tuff drugs. Renalzin for humans (lanthanum carbonate) is about 200$. So I am happy to have it for about 10-20$. And it's slowly arriving in vets at France. But you must do a lot of internet research.

colostrum is much more safer than EPO because no rejection because cells aren't differentiated yet. And in France they don't have medicine for most of pets disease.

There is also the Fortekor problem, all vet clinics are going to replace it for Nelio because it is cheaper here. I think commercials exclusive for vet steal a lot of money from vets, because they sell them things at prices over higher than what I can buy online without being a vet. There must be a lot of corruption in vet sellers system.

And it's the corruption that makes the health system in France very bad quality in what concerns choosing the option: to get better.

And the corruption is laws, laws here are against medicine progress, they must change. I don't say prescription medicine musn't be prescription. I said prices are corrupted. Only commercial thieves selling to doctors, humans or pets. And protected by law. You can't choose an alternative treatment in France.

Yes it is good to be refund when you go to doctor. But why does health system is below zero layer (like me) ? Because it's not what you spend the problem. The problem is the price they put on medicine. Here are the thieves: the medicines commercials in France. I understand why USA is afraid of having our system. What they must be afraid of is not of helping the poors, but of buying medicine from the rich marchands.

The medicines commercials have atrophiated the health system in France, so there is no progress, no new things, no dreams, no hope. And they are protected by law.

That really is a shame that there are such low quality vets in France.  It's a shame that your vet won't show you how to do the IV fluids at home, too.  They really do that here, and from what I hear, it's easy to do.  My friend extended her cat's life by about 3 yrs by doing this treatment at home.

Can't you beg your vet to show you how to do this or call around to other vet's offices?  This is really life saving for your cat, and this is what they do in the US.  I can't stress to you enough how important this treatment is for your baby.  Beg, plead, do whatever you have to do to get this treatment for your kitty.

By the way, my mom had one of our cats on EPO to raise the red blood cell count, and it worked fine....no rejection or anything like that.

Hugs
ZQ

PS-I have too many strong feelings about our crap health care system.  There's positives and negatives to the health care reform.  I, for one, can't afford insurance at all.  So, anything would help me now.  Pretty sad, huh?
Thank you for EPO and sub-Q fluids advice. I hope these technology will enter in France.

Now-days my cat is like that:

- cries when I get out of home, and even goes until the door
- when she is de-constipated (by vet), she dreams a lot when she sleeps on me
- when she is de-constipated (by the vet), she feels like walking on my bed although she doesn't have much strength

- always **** on my bed, do not use the litter anymore
- since the food injection she cries in front of the water bowl (she can't drink by herself because not enough energy) to ask for food and water in syringe
- she asks for food during night now, but it's difficult for me, past 2days, I gave 2h30 and 4h30

- all laxatives have no effect with her anymore be paraffin oil or microlax lavement ?!
- I don't know what to do anymore to make her feel like do pooh (constipation) ?

---
PS: About french health system (this is an approximation without real values)
When you are a student you pay (obligatory): free insurance (200euros) + non-free insurance (500euros) a year.
When you are nothing, but if you are french, and without justification: you have free insurance, and don't need to pay the non-free.
When you work: your work pays for you both.
free insurance is called: sécurité sociale and it pays about 75% of your bill on generalist doctor, 15% of specialist doctor or hospitalization, 100% on generic medicine maid of chemicals, 0% of pill, vitamins, probiotics, already prepared homeopathy (but the 2euros little bottles of homeopathy little spheres are repaid).
non-free insurance is called: mutuelle, when it says 100% it means 100%-75%=15% of the extra price. It works well on dentists and hospitalization, but the 100% of ophthalmologists and glasses is fake, it only gives you about 20euros on the price you have paid, let's say you spend 300euros on low-quality glasses (each round glass is about 100euros without the glass itself), you'll only be repaid 20euros.
But non-free insurances of people that have a job are better when the job offers it to you, it can even repay the 300euros of the glasses.
Students aren't really re-paid glasses and pill, but people that have a job can be.
It's the same thing for transport: bus, metro. If you are student or nothing: full price, if you work for free (stage): full price and extras, but if you have a job, they offer you transport price + food !!!
French health system is very expensive for students since they pay the free+non-free (about 700euros a year), free for people who aren't doing nothing of their lives (like being a mother at home, do studies outside Licence-Master-Doctorat like me who is doing latin (DU) and geology (CE or ENG), watch TV all day..., and very good for working people, their work pay them the free+non-free, and they choose better non-free then us.
Our student non-free is like that: if we pay or if we don't pay, we receive awful letters saying we'll go to prison if we don't pay, almost every week, until all people that we don't know pay it, it's automatic destructive spamming in letter box to show that students are **** in the world of non-free insurances. Since non-free insurance is obligatory for a student. And even after not being a student anymore, we receive phone calls to make sure we aren't a student anymore, and we aren't lying for not paying, in that case we will go to prison. So when you are a student, you have to have humor :P about non-free insurance, nicely respond all of your spam to say: it's already paid with proof, and nicely respond your phone: you are no more a student.
So I think our health system is good for people who aren't working and for people who work, but not for national recognized students.

What I wanted to say, is once the lab is commited with the government's free insurance, having a better medicine then the generic one is: forbidden to be sold to you by the government's free insurance, orders go to the pharmacy, that even if you want to pay extra they say:
- "" here, I have the medicine you want, but I won't sell it to you, even if you pay yourself, even without being repaid by insurance, you have to buy this one instead, because it's recommended by government... ""
-> This forbidden thing can only be bypassed if you are allergic to the generic medicine or if you are very sincere, I suppose they do statistics on witch pharmacy sells most the generic medicines. And it's valid on non-prescription medicine. So prescription medicine and non-prescription medicine are changed by pharmacies, for reasons we can't understand. And behind, the one that was elected generic, has the market all by itself.
But I'm not a specialist, just a simple person, it's a testimonial on what I see.

I don't just want to give her colostrum (milk), that didn't arrive yet: grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I want also to try homeopathy for anemia:
(you must have the same website in English)
http://www.homeoanimo.com/details_produits.php?pid=14164&title=An%E9mie

Homéopathie pour Anémie
Anémie Diminution de la concentration de globules rouges, d’hémoglobine dans le sang, qui provoque entre autres de la fatigue, de l’essoufflement, des vertiges, des troubles digestifs et l’accélération du pouls.

Format de 30 ml en vaporisateur.

Ingrédients : Composition: Ferrum met 30k, China, Kali Carb., Natrum mur, Calcarea Phos.

Price: 25.95 $
   € 20,19 approx.

Problem: there is phosphorus, but is it bad ?
Google translation:
Treat your pet with our homeopathic products for animals
Homeopathy for Anemia
Anemia Decreased concentration of red blood cells, hemoglobin in the blood, causing among other fatigue, shortness of breath, dizziness, digestive disorders and rapid pulse.

Size 30 ml spray.

Ingredients: Ingredients: Ferrum is 30k, China, Kali Carb. Natrum wall Calcarea Phos.

So ?
Hi, I just got back from work!  

You should really ask your vet about them showing you how to do the fluids at home.  It's not really an IV(intravenous), this is fluid under the skin-the neck area I think.  Once she's got some fluids in her, the constipation will be better.  With kidney failure, cats get very dehydrated, including the colon, which dries out the stool causing constipation.  

Please, ask the vet about doing fluid injections at home.  It's very important, and from what I hear, it's easy to do.

Will you call your vet and ask about this?
ZQ is right. fluids are given subcutaneously(sub-q) under the skin, a Vet can insert a temporary shunt for you. ♥
WRONG again..................darnit...I gave incorrect advice, should have looked it up b4 I posted...I guess for CRF it IS..via IV..sorry I really thought it could be done under the skin too.

http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/subques.html

That was an interesting article Opus!!  Now Francoise Peace will actually see how easy it is to give fluids to her cat.

There really is no reason why her vet can't show her this simple technique that will extend her cat's life.  
The only answer I can give to you is: I wish I lived in USA for the pet health system.

Your pet health system is the best :)

Even if your human health system is the worst !!!

Here vets are like doctors and like parents: if the idea is not theirs, then we are wrong. And alternative medicine, and "english" medicine, is not their attributes. Here alternative medicine is better seen then "english" one, because alternative medicine is more of a personal choice.

I try to open the mind of my vet, by replacing fluids with probiotics formula. And it worked.

I wish I knew the oral replacement of Erythropoietin !!!

I can't change the world. Internet take out some barriers, but it doesn't brings the technique into the countries. Unfortunately technique is related to the way of life, to old customs. And if you can't sell a new custom in a non expensive bottle made in US or CA that anyone can buy online, you can't import it. Even if they were teached once the english technique, just for culture, not for everyday use.

I'm desperately looking for the bottle made in US or CA or UK that can cure anemia !!!

When you invent something that works, if you want the copyrights to be copied legally or illegally, you have to think of a shape and use that don't change culture. Why french people don't produce their own sub q fluids?
I sent an e-mail to HomeoAnimo in french asking something for Anemia and Muscular weakness.

My cat eats, but she doesn't transform food in blood nor in muscle !!! And she is eating all she can now.
I wrote to Boiron Labs (France) to ask them if there is a way they can propose me homeopathy for anemia since they have  9 homeopathic medicine for animals available.
HomeoAnimo is from Canada.

Hope someone will answer !!! I'd like so much to have an homeopathic remedy just made for her anemia !!!
Francoise.....I'm having a bad brainless day and I'm sorry to keep correcting myself. ZodiacQueen was absolutely right in her post to you. the sub-que fluids for a CRF cat for dehydration the needle is PUT UNDER THE SKIN and NOT into the vein.
I didn't properly read the website I sent you...sniksnak.com. has excellent advice and guidance....right there under #14 it says to insert the needle under the skin. I'm so glad you've found a Vet that will work with you......
I wish I knew more about homeopathic remedies for anemia. but I don't. Do you read any of the sites that deal with homeo? Will they ship to France IF there even is anything to help?
you put alot of time and effort into research and I'm sure if theres something out there you will be the one to find it.....good luck to you and good health to kitty...♥
Francoise,

You've got to try your hardest to MAKE the vet see how important it is to teach you how to give the fluids under the skin.  I can tell that your cat is at a very advanced stage of kidney failure and she really needs this therapy.  Please don't think that I'm being overly pushy with you, I just know how wonderful this treatment will be for her and I can see how clearly you love your baby.

Why not print out this link that Opus gave you and translate it to French(unfortunately I can't) and bring it to the vet and tell the vet that our vets in the US and Canada are teaching owners how to do this.  And, you know what, if you ask nicely and aren't too pushy, the vet just might show you the way.  Your cat needs this, honey.

I have to be honest with you by saying that some forms of anemia can't be reversed with supplements alone and anemia caused by kidney failure is one that can only be reversed with the EPO.  The kidneys produce a protein that helps the blood to produce red blood cells, and with kidney failure this is impaired and causes anemia.  I honestly don't believe that a homeopathic med will help with this....only EPO will.  EPO helps the bone marrow produce new colonies of red blood cells, that's what your cat needs.  No homeopathic supplement is able to do this.

I will try to find a link about this a little later.  I gotta do some house cleaning!!!  FUN!  
Francoise,  here's the link about anemia due to kidney failure and the need to use the EPO therapy.

http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/cardiovascular/c_ct_anemia_chronic_kidney_disease
HomeoAnimo said that Anemia was for my cat. Boiron gave me the address of a homeopathic vet. I like my vet a lot, I'll have to speak to family first. I don't intend to change vet, I just want a medicine.

I'll look forward for translating the FLUIDS site in French and showing it to the vet. If you see vet forums in France, no one speaks of fluids neither. Really weird.

Yes EPO will be a 2nd problem. Online prices without shipping in USA is 350$. I can't afford it.

She did pooh yesterday. And I sincerily thanks the vet spirit and if so, his collegues, that pushed my cat's pooh little by little during the night without a laxative since laxatives have no more effect. Thank you.

(I didn't want to speak about it online but he/she/it played with TV sound during Geology class while professor was out, students laughed a lot...)

I don't know how much time she will live. Hope she'll be able to try the colostrum that was just sent.
Tomorrow I'll see the homeopatic vet just for prescription. Price is OK. I already have her blood values. And it's not very far from home. It's the last day before his christmas vacations. He sounded nice, said he'll get her an homeopatic prescription and vitamins on phone. I didn't explain condition. But relation in phone was: Be sure I'll give you something for your cat.

Now she's miawling for food :)
Please, let me know what your vet says once you get the pages translated to French.

Good luck w/ the homeopathic vet!
I liked a lot the homeopatic vet !!! He said he belongs to the French Society of Homeopatic Vets, but I couldn't find it on the net. It was Boiron Labs (France) that suggested him to me according to nearby locality.

For Anemia, he said there are 2 kinds of Anemia, Kidney Anemia is usually treated with EPO but he doesn't know EPO. I looked at pharmacy who told me ASNEP 10 is one of the low cost: 21euros. But I can't buy without prescription. I'll try to talk with my usual vet since it's IV, but I have to hope that familly pays the vet to do this.

And internal blood-loss anemia might be treated with homeopathy. That's the one he made the prescription for. He also told me of the names of homeopatic vets he admires and who are better then him, but I didn't wrote them. And he also told that he was happy to help once even if I have the other vet. He took the problem very serious and talked a lot. Exchange was for once positive.

It's a personnalised prescription, so if you try another homeopath, he might get you a very different formula:

Zincum metallicum 9 ch : 1 morning and evening
Plumbum metallicum 9ch : idem
Pvb Tonique et Reconstituant: 10 drops morning and evening in food (it's Boiron's tonic)
Vitamin B12: 0,5ml once a day inside throat
Timoferol: 1 capsule a day in food during a month

And for constipation he said for her to try:
Lactulose 0,5ml morning and evening in the throat (but this isn't homeo, it's just because the others aren't working)
Stay with: microlax bébé (you don't have this anus lavement for babies in US neither in UK) and put it every 2 days.

He also gave a cortizon pomade in case anus gets red while forcing.

And she is a lot constipated, so I hope she does it.

And about FLUIDS, he neither uses fluids. As I said it isn't an habit in France, and he thinks only vets can do it, and since it must be done every week, it's too expensive. But I told him in USA and UK pet owners do this at home.

Price was very correct, no extras. But I won't tell it online.
hi, thats good you got a Vet that will listen and talk to you about all your concerns. I just don't understand why the Vets in France don't do IV's??? that is pretty standard here.

I just wanted to mention the lactulose, I use that for my Nemo. at 2.5mls but with this it is very important that you also give mixed wtih water....I mix the 2 together in a dropper.(baby dropper). 5 mls sounds like a lot to give all at one time, I would do 2.5 x 2. and with each 2.5ml add 4-5mls of water!!!!

I've also had to add 10mls of VitC, this is good for constipation and made the lactulose work much better, I got this idea from a homeopathic site and its safe........the only thing I don't know is if it is safe for a cat with crf???? sorry.

the microlax you spoke of I imagine that is a enema? be very careful administering this so as not to puncture his bowel. and try with just a small amount not the full tube the first time until you can judge the amount he needs and avoid an explosion..

good luck♥
OMG....that is just flat out crazy that vets don't do IV's in France.  That is a standard here w/ animals with CRF!!!  

I'm glad that you liked the vet, but I would do lots of printing from off the web and get it translated into French about the fluid(IV) therapy and about the EPO(it's probably called something else in France).  I'm willing to bet that your cat needs this to treat her anemia.  I would keep pushing and pushing to get someone to get your cat on some fluids at home.  She desperately needs it.  AND, here in the US, it's very cheap.  I believe the fluids are probably some nutrients....maybe a Ringer's solution.  But, I'll have to check on this.

Girl, you've got to MAKE them listen to you.  Fight for your cat!!
I went to my usual vet for constipation today. He decided to change method: he gave her sub q fluids from USA, and told me to come back on monday then later, twice a week. He neither know it's me who should be giving it to her.

My first opinion on fluid is that - well I don't know if it is my cat - but I just enter my bedroom where she was asleep and she had a problem with her arm not (fold in google translation), so I heated it with my hands and it (fold ?). So I am afraid of coming back monday !!! And I'm not sure she'll survive until tomorrow.

He also decided by himself to give her EPO. It's also his first time he searches about it. The other one told his subordinates to find info about it. But since I've decided I'll do with my usual vet, he opened his medicine book and looked for EPREX but it was too expensive, so I told him about ARASNEP 10 since she is just 2kg15, so he decided to give a prescription for it. I'll look for it tomorrow at pharmacy.

He also said that here in France it is still forbidden to buy prescription medicine online although USA and UK sites sells them to here. But I never bought a prescription medicine, just some food complements like probiotics. That we aren't sure if it works.

Last cat, Poussi died while vet tried for the first time to give her fluids, but I think it was IV. Not sure I can thrust french vets for fluids. What ain't a habit is an experiment, so I might accept EPO if she survives, but I feel I'll have to say no for fluids.

About EPO vet said they'll try sub-cutaneous instead of IV because it seems less dangerous for the cat. What do you think ?

I won't receive the colostrum because French dounane thinks milk needs prescription. I asked vitamin life to be repaid.

It's not a problem because I have the new vet method and homeopathy, all from nearby.

She's waking up !
I'm sad because she's not allright, when she tried to walk, she couldn't. I've phoned the vet, but I've decided she'll stay with me. She already had the fluids there, I don't see what they can do more. And here she has love. I don't know if she'll survive the night or not, I don't know if it is serious or not. I don't know nothing.
Oh Franc, I hear your fear and frustration......your poor baby is not good and you are so afraid right now.....
what did the Vet suggest? a reaction to the IV? or just normal progression of the crf?
I feel so sad too for you both. keep her comfortable and be at her side, I don't know either if theres anything the Vets could do for her at this time........You've never told us kitties name...???
I'm praying for you both.♥
Francoise, fluids are supposed to be under the skin.....an IV bag of fluid under the skin of the back of the neck.  The EPO I will have to check on how that's given.  

I hope that she responds to the fluid therapy!!  That would be really great if she responds, it'll be a great Christmas present for us to hear that she's feeling a little bit better!!!  And, if she responds well to the fluid therapy, maybe you can get the vet to give you the supplies so you can do the fluid therapy by yourself.  Wouldn't that be great?

PS-I'm being VERY careful to not use any slang so that you'll understand my posts better.  LOL  I tend to use a lot of slang!  =)

Hang in there, hon.  I know how hard this is on you!
It's too late, she died. I even tried breathing mouth to nose. Emergency vet came, said she was in coma, also gave her air, but her heart stopped while giving air.

She's going to be buried in animal's cemitery near my other 3 cats.

I did everything I could and refused injection. But I think it's the pain of constipation with microlax vet gave that wasn't good for her heart. But I don't accuse or blame him. He did what he thought was the best for her.

She didn't have time to try no anemia medicine be homeopatic or EPO. I'll try to give vets non opened medicine.
She died 8h30 this friday 24th december 2010 with all the love I could give her.
Oh no,  I'm so sorry to hear she passed away.  I've been following your post, and you did everything possible to help her.  I am so sad for you.   Hold onto the good memories of her.  You did everything you could for your baby.
@Maddie6: thanks. @opus88: Minou. @zodiacqueen: vet didn't have a fluid BAG, quantity in 2 huge fast injections from bottle frightened me. What is precisely the product NAME you use in USA? Here it is chloride sodium.

And for other people: not sure ARASNEP EPO is good for CRF cats, it contains too much phosphorus. Here EPO price is twice vet price, ARASNEP is one of the lowest cost.
I'm not sure that vets in France are using (or do know) the good USA product. The homeopath did neither tell about fluid bag. It might be a commercial problem.

Like for my tea without caffein and with no therapy effect, and my babie milk for pets that Douane thinks might be under prescription (they can't read english in France, must be this the problem). I hope I'll be repaid by vitamin life, because it's their fault if they didn't wrote it ain't vitamins.

Language and product choice, might be wrong in vet products from USA.

And you know how commercials are to sell wrong products !!!
Hi Francoise,
I'm not sure the name of the fluids, but Zodiac or Opus may know.  I remember when my kitty had intestinal lymphoma/cancer, I learned how to give him fluids.  It didn't come easy for me, as he resisted at times.   He crossed the Rainbow Bridge two years ago.  Are you okay?  
You have got no idea of what I went through yesterday, her ears were inflated, and she was in panic because she couldn't walk when she awaked. It was awfull for both. I never wished for an animal to die suffering. All night she had pain because of fluids and because of microlax. Befor yesterday she couldn't sleep because of constipation, and because I gave her very few laxatone. I am very unhappy.

I really want to know what this fluids are because I'm sure in France, USA sold something that is not suitable for cats. And it is dangerous for all other cats. Vet told me it was USA fluids, for USA fluid therapy. If you all believe in fluids, then this is wrong product: No bags in it, just a seringue that would be good for a cow, more than 50ml and very long, longer then 5cm. Not even a dentist uses this thing !!!
The worst thing is that in France they use database for prescription, not pharmacy, and this product is in french database for all french vets, and sooner or later for all european vets. Really dangerous product that claims to be USA fluids.

So all french veterinarians think about using the same product.

Yes, I want the real fluid name to be able to spam the vets and tell them to get this poisonning thing out of the market !
OH Francoise I am sooooo sorry to read this morning that kitty has died, you tried so very hard to save her, you did everything humanly possible Francoise. I am so sad you lost her and also that she needed to be in such pain, perhaps it was just her time, when its our time no therapy or medicine in the world is going to be enough.
I am so sad for you just before Christmas to loose your vry good friend. I have you in my prayers dear....she knows what a good mommy you were and how much you loved her...........♥
Hi Sweetie, I am very sad to read this news this morning.  So very sorry!  You were a wonderful mom to your kitty and did your absolute best w/ what you had to work with.  Bless you, hon.  I know you're hurting right now, but it WILL get better w/ some time.

No, I don't think that sodium chloride is  right, but I'll have to look.  I do know that the vets here give Ringer's solution for fluid therapy.  I think that sodium chloride might be saline?  I will look and get back to you!

Take care, hon.  

Hugs
ZQ
Okay, just went to do a search on fluid therapy and found a very interesting site!  I hope that you and some of the others check this out.  I learned a lot and thought that the tables toward the end of the article were quite interesting!!

http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?CID=WSAVA2005&PID=11022&O=Generic
If I could have a photo, it'll be better because I don't understand medicine at that level. You all speak of bags, but http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/subques.html speaks about IV set? And your site is too complicated.

The fluid set I saw here is: 2 more than 5cm nail syringe on more than 50mL tube. With in capital letters: sodium chloride. And method is 2 subcutaneous perfusion on the back (L+R).

What does the fluid set looks like in USA or UK ?

I didn't realize NaCl ?! (I'm a linguist doing geology, indeed not appropriated fluid content)
Could you please advice me of a good chamanist (dreams) or spiritism (ghosts) method to contact my cat. I have to explain her none of her suffering was intentionnal. I'm sure vet wished she lived more, after all it's Christmas. But I have to speak to her.

I'm very psychologically disturbed with all this problems. Because I saw Walt Disney's The Crimson Wing - Mystery of the Flamingos and I know what she suffered.

I have to talk to my cat before she goes away !

Or a religious prayer to do for her ?

My family is against this chamanism/spiritism thing, but I can easely summon ghosts, although I never read litterature about them. And I went to a chamanist meeting once with an ethnology friend. I don't know about animal ghosts nor dreams.

The clinic vet is going to get crazy, if I manage to summon her, I'll ask vet to apologize to her. Hope he won't be afraid.

I wanted exterior help, but I'll have to summon alone, it's very difficult for me. My mind is not ready to summon ghosts or to have dreams.

I do not know any of this things on books/writings, so I hear you advice please ?
Francois I am sad that you are going thru such a rough time, kitty forgives you she knows you did the best you could and tried every possible way to help her....let her go hon, she's in a better place now with no more suffering.
I don't know anything about summons or spiritism, if it helps you come to terms with her sad death than I hope you find some site that can give you the relief you seek and to say your goodbyes..
I have this one site that maybe of some help, and i will also include the link to the 'the rainbow bridge' where kitties go and where we all meet up once again...
my best to you hon, please relax and stop feeling so much guilt, you did more than most of us would ever be able to do.....

http://www.anaflora.com/grieving/index.html

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

bless you dear one and try to rejoice in Christmas, kitty is there with you in spirit..♥
Thank you for both readings.
Opus gave you some very good links.  Here is also a link where you can  either post or just read where pet owners talk and express their grief about their pets that have passed on or as I like to call it, crossed the Rainelbow Bridge.  It really helped me the first year I lost my beloved boy kitty.

http://www.petloss.com/

When you get onto the site, scroll down the page until you see "Message Board" and then click on it.  

My heart and prayers go out to you today

I wish I could express myself in such a beautifull way !
Hi Francoise,
Thank you!  I think we all know the sadness and loss you are feeling about your baby.  Their little lives are just too short, and we know we will outlive them but hope that day never comes.  These little Angels give us such unconditional love always.
Yes, I know.
I had a very difficult choice to make: watching or not watching her dying. And I've choosen to stay with her till the end.

What is the most difficult moment, is when we look at each other, in a cruel moment of suffering, and deeply wish to see each other tomorrow in a moment of interior everyday worry-less peace instead. But this day will never come.

What is interesting about the cat, is that at the end, he adopts the " religion " of the one he thrusts, I refused the existence of death, and I think she also refused to think she was dying, she struggled, without understanding, to do every movement she usually does when she could move. When she wasn't feeling her right arm, she crawled to eat as usual, it hurted me. And before falling deeply asleep, she waked up in the morning as usual, and did her best to try breathing, she struggled for breathing till the end. Before vet came.

Really difficult moments.

Today I have discovered something as I watched a movie I like a lot with Eddie Murphy, about a sacred child in Tibet that he had to save. And I imagined she was with me.

I think we can see our pets through our imagination.

My sister told me she preferred that her cat died in clinic. I prefer them to die with me. It's sad, but at least, we are the last person they see. But it's a psychologically very difficult situation because you wish you weren't living this. And sad thing stays on your memory along with good small moments passed together like sleeping on stomach, sleeping on feet, sleeping nearby and feeling the animal is dreaming.

On her last weeks my cat dreamed a lot about my vet, after each time he had de-constipated her. But this time she couldn't, I'm sorry.

She had more bad days than good days, it was hard for both. My studies right now aren't important and are lower in thinking than university, so I could concentrate everyday on my cat. And when I wanted to write something, I just had often taken her wripped in towel on my knees, like a baby. So that she "writes" with me. Never left her alone, except when I really had to go. Went once or twice to the movies nearby while she was asleep. Always phoning home if I left.

You must imagine your cat being well and being with you to feel well with yourself. At least today. Tonight I thought a lot about her. Imagined she watched TV with me, and am imagining we'll have a last sleep together. Because we can't leave each other in sad moments.

Don't know nothing about paranormal, but the only little thing I had learn with chamanism, is that a spirit can be something you imagine, an awakened dream. A cat we know can be easely imagined through memories. So it can pass a last night with us, a good night, in our imagination.

I had forgotten imagination with university and linguistics, but I'm trying to find it again. Geology courses helped a lot because there are images to understand. Now feelings are also helping. I must remember her as she was everyday, and imagine that now she can comfort me in our love, and choose to stay in my heart for the rest of my life. No I can't forget her. But I must think of her as she was well, and for that imagine one last time, and state that imagination is linked with paranormal although it is not linked with ghosts. But the bonds are still very mysterious for me.

I'm sorry I can't follow the plain religious path where you have to let go the dead ones. No I must choose my path that is different from my mother. Else I can't grow up. I only believe in what I can feel, imagine and live. And I can feel the love of my cat. This love is unbreakable, it is a mother-child love, something that even a ghost cannot steel, and the seal is imagination, trying to get past memories on the top of sad memories.

Sad memories are difficult to live.

Happy memories must be cherished, and re-lived in our hearts.
I'm thinking about the coffin, I'll buy some roses and put inside so that they will dry with time. Perhaps red roses but not sure. Rose petals stay longtime intact and in place. My father had given me a rose 2 birthdays ago, and it is still intact.

I wanted pink tissue, but we can't choose the colour (bottom is always champagne), I already have a beautiful pink tissue to put on her.

I don't know when we'll speak about this arrangements, I'll think of them today.

She's going to have the same coffin than Poussi, my sister had proposed long before, and perhaps my father will help. But I'll find the final touch myself.

The cemitery guy picked her up 2 days ago, 3hours after she died. They have refrigerator like the vet clinics. But I don't want them to decide everything. Still have to do something for her, and not at last moment.

We are Sunday, I can't do much.
Indeed very beautifull poem.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Today was a very important day, today 28 dec 2010 at 14h30, we've buried Minou at animal's cemetery (graviar) together with Poussi.

I've put red roses inside her coffin. I did a very beautiful flower arrangement at her feet. Red roses do last a lot when they dry. They kept under coffin tissue the pink polar tissue where she died, but they did a beautiful thing in transforming it into bed-like. The champagne color tissue (yellowish) did match well with the flowers. On the greyish marble tomb, I put a small yellow flower vase inside a small red vase. I wanted to put a candle but family disagreed with my taste. Later we'll buy a funeral arrangement/decoration for our cats, where everyone will agree in color and taste. We have 2 tombs, one with Minouche (f) and Pirate (m) witch are Minou's grandchildren, their mother was Daisy, but she didn't die in France. And one with Poussi (f) and Minou (f). Poussi is the adoptive sister of Minou, she never wanted a husband.

Her grandchildren died 2 years ago, Minouche with breast cancer, and Pirate with CRF (he was diagnosticated too late, his levels were above machine capacity, he died 2 days after Perfusion, in a different way then Minou, but the body also died before the head, but he didn't suffer, he fell asleep). Poussi died with CRF, her levels weren't very high but they were much higher than Minou's. And Minou, CRF + Anemia. But we didn't seek anemia in Poussi.

In conclusion:
- Mix K/D with normal food from the beginning to avoid abnormal weight loss, anemia and constipation because of lack of proteins.
- Try probiotics therapy (probiotics containing Kibow Biotics aka S. Thermophilus KB19, L. Acidophilus KB27, B. Longum KB31 but watch additives): for mantaining Urea Low (red) to Normal.
- Try lanthanum carbonate therapy (Renalzin).
- Try fluid therapy only if you live in USA or UK, I think fluids in France aren't controlled by health regulation and can contain lethal doses of salt.

Future:

I believe in the future genetic therapy might be invented. Right now in my own blood levels I have an anomaly: VGM too high and CREATININE too low, and that happens to be the opposite of CRF with HGB low (end-life anemia, although VGM is normal) and CREATININE high. If in the future my levels get higher, it might be related either to food – I'm vegetarian – either to genetic disease, witch ? But if it is genetic disease that has opposite symptoms from CRF, that means you can cure CRF with a second disease.

As vegetarian living among omnivorous I eat big quantities of cereals, small quantities of vegetables, everyday soy or fish. And I don't drink alcohol neither wine (alcoholic people also have strange blood levels).

Psychology: Yes, seeing our pet dying creates psychological shock.

Thank you all for your help, even Dona at beginning. Best wishes for new year 2011.
bless your sweet gentle heart Minou may you now have peace and freedom from pain, you were well loved little one♥
Hi Francoise, I was so sorry to hear of the passing of Minou.  I've followed your posts since you came in June of last year and you did everything humanly possible for your girl.  You've really been an amazing mom.  I'm sure you're still in shock since it hasn't even been two weeks.  

RIP, Minou and you get some rest, too, Franciose.  

Hugs, honey.
@Jade59: Thank you, I had luck to be able to choose to spend 24h/24 with her, because I have finished university, so I don't have regrets on her accompanying for warmth and reassurance. Since linguistics close job doors, she was officially my full-time job, that's why I did anything I could do without vet knowledge, most of the time hoping together. And as for my extra courses, they are the pleasures of my life, since I choosed them unlike university, but as I had started all of the subjects long ago (geology, latin, linux), I used the emergency thinking door, my cat passed first, and it did no dammage at all in my school projects (except informatics: no pc loving). Cat has only one chance, school have second chance, and I did well to choose no books no friends no life, because in an unexpected way life, friends and knowledge came in without me working hard, since I kept my mind opened for any new ideas and accepted any study talking with me, since no time to think by myself.

@Zodiacqueen: I thought a lot of the translation thing, and wrote to Boiron Labs telling them to invent Lactated Ringer Solution (saw the name in wikipedia) and not to translate method and prescription, but rather to hire an ethnologist that would observe the english way of giving fluids to pets, and to write method and prescription with the french point of view in medicine.

The only thing I have learned with linguistics is that no one is interested in learning french people from Paris french dialects (french mixed with italian, german, celtic, spanish...) from other french towns, and that Google translation will never work perfectly, so I don't have nothing that prooves that translation can be usefull to understand other people's habits. So I include medicine in habits. And think that exchanging knowledge with other cultures needs to give knowledge with the point of view of the other country. We are all ethnocentrists, but I don't understand ethnology, I only understand rocks, NaCl is called halite in geology, it's a chemical synonym of sodium chloride. And although I have no proof, I really think Medical Halite in actual Sodium Chloride french fluids is not well chimically dosed, may contain other chimically not good things, should be well-balanced with other molecules, may contain bad health bacterias, and may come together with a translation french people can't interpret as it should be, furthermore not sure method explanation recipient is for doctors, maybe it's for both pet owners and doctors, so it might have abusive text not mentionned as.

And I really hope one day hearing of french people saying, their CRF cat's lived 4 years under high quality fluids, with a fair vet price or a home-to-do method, as your american and britanic kitties are. So we'll have a better life expectancy.

@everyone: and I had an accepted article (in fact it was an e-mail they transformed in article to share life experience), because when she got better I had to share this unusual phenomenon in a cat's life in France, although french buy a lot of cat probiotics abroad, most of them the very expensive but clinically certified for CRF Azodyl, but maybe they don't go to vet a lot to be able to show their results. And someone wrote to me yesterday saying it convinced him in buying Azodyl for his cat, although only 16 readings of Flickr photo (including me and posting redaction // compared to it totally unusefull out-of-date Ubuntu informatics can be read more than 1000times), I answered Mercola Complete Pet Probiotics, also contains Kibow Biotics (but not intentionnally) and isn't refrigerated and costs less, just in case of, and gave - tried to give - few advices and psychological help.
http://www.art2vivre.fr/14.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/waterreedshimmer/4970322673/

@MedHelp-posting-friends: Thanks for sharing your time and feelings with me. I'm sure you're cats are doing well in Rainbow Bridge together with mine. I like a lot Rainbow Bridge. Your poem is my legend and my comfort. Thank you very sincerely.
Good news friends, very good news, Boiron Labs is going to study if it's a good idea of inventing Lactated Ringer Solution high-quality fluids for french pets !!!

They don't say they will, they told me they are studying the idea :)

So there is hope for french cats !!!
great job francoise....all because of your continued pressure, this will lead to much better outcomes for the french kitties, great work!!
It's about time!!!

French kitties deserve good care, too!!!  I hope they continue to improve veterinary care for France's pets.

Good job, girl.  Keep putting the pressure on them!

In France there is 2 ways of solving a medicine problem: law issue or commercial issue.

According to french TV law issue is this one:
- If a drug kills a lot of pacients (mediator scandal on TV), then french health compare benefits and nocivity of product and decides whether to keep the product in french medicine national database or to take it out of the market. If they take out of the market, they sue the guilty enterprises and they propose no new medicine for doctors to prescribe. So they state they loose the good killing medicine. And it's a national loss with no hope.

According to commercial point of view:
- If a drug kills, there will always be an enterprise ready to save the world and replace it.

And that's what I proposed to Boiron Lab's: TO SAVE THE WORLD !

So the only PRESSURE I can give them is putting them in contact with: UFC Que Choisir 92, and tell them: find out a diplomatic issue if you ever do lab tests on competing products ? We don't want scandals ! We want concrete answers !

And GO TO H*** family who wants money because medicine killed their sons. What they should do is working for medicine replacement, if they want a social aim, if they want the bad enterprises to get down !!! In France Enterprises are treated like GOD and humans like *-*-. So even french government is afraid of suying them.

I'll put a canddle in Notre Dame Church for having Lactated Ringer Solution from Boiron Lab's as the social solution. So I hope they do commercial investigation then product !

And I think it'll work, because a ghost was watching me today, I think it was worried with me. He looked like the translucid fishes tentacles at feet, very beautifull but frightened me, couldn't see form, told him to get out and lock the door on him, because I still don't have courage to speak with ghosts. 2 ghosts manifestations in a year, it's rare (usually it takes more than 10years).
-

All my vets from vet clinic told me how they are sorry about my cat's death. If they read this, I thank them a lot !!!
-

Thanks for encouragements in what concerns pets futur.
UFC Que Choisir 92 just told me they are opened for discussion with Boiron Lab's in case they need advice ;)

You see that you can get what you want in France !
Hey hon....I'm trying to understand what you wrote here....slight language barrier.

YOU WROTE:

Here in the US, they test all potential drugs BEFORE they put it on the market.  They do sometimes pull drugs off the market sometimes.  But, your statement has me wondering whether the French system just puts drugs out without doing any testing???  IF that's  the case, that is downright scary.  =(

I hope someone else comes along to help me understand this better.  Or, Francoise, maybe you can?

By the way, I thought that was very sweet of your vets to tell you that they were sorry.  I usually get a card signed by all of the employees in my vets' office when I get my cats put down.

PS-I don't understand why it's such a big deal to market lactated ringer's solution.  This is a very common solution for people with very simple ingredients.  I just don't understand this at all.  Makes me feel lucky to be in the US for the half way decent vet care for my cats.
1) Yes, you are lucky in the law system in what concerns medicine quality and companies (everyone knows you can sue anyone in USA but here almost no one can sue a companie that did a bad thing against you, like lying), except for poor people that can't pay them, that's what the new USA health system must be about: the poor, not the quality. And I believe (don't know politics) if everyone could spare 1$ for the poors, they will be able to go to doctors and have medicine and hospitalization for free.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/208343.php
" Over the last thirty years approximately 500 patients in France who took Mediator have died, French health agency CNAM (Caisse Nationale d'Assurance Maladie) has announced today. French watchdog Agence Française de Sécurité Sanitaire des produits de Santé (AFSSAPS) is urging all patients who have taken the medication to see their doctor to check for dangerous thickening of the heart valves. AFSSAPS added that a further 3,500 people who have taken the drug since its approval in 1976 have been hospitalized.

Mediator was prescribed to over 300,000 patients. Some of them experienced complications, mainly heart problems. The medication was discontinued in France last year, and soon after by the European Medicines Agency.

Mediator (benfluorex hydrochloride) was approved in 1976 in France. In 1987 it was approved as a medication, along with diet, for patients with hypertriglyceridemia (excessive blood triglyceride levels). It was approved in 1990, together with diet for diabetes or overweight patients. An application for approval for type 2 diabetes patients in primary care was turned down due to lack of efficacy data. In 2007 approval was withdrawn for hypertriglyceridemia treatment after reassessment of efficacy studies. (Everything in this paragraph refers to Mediator's regulatory history just in France)

Le Union Nationale Des Omnipraticiens De France, the country's union of general practitioners (primary care physicians) informs that it is ready to test patients who took Mediator for at least three months during the last four years.

French Health Minsiter, Xavier Bertrand, said:

"Our message to all those who took Mediator is that they must see a doctor - particularly those who took it for three months over the past four years."

USA's equivalent drug, Redux, was banned in 1997. It led to a $12 billion settlement following a class action by thousands of individuals.

Mediator was made by French drugs firm Servier, the country's second-largest pharmaceutical group, which rejects the death estimates as a "theory founded on extrapolation". Even if one were to accept the official figures, the risk is still only 0.005%, the company says. Servier has sold a total of 145 million boxes of the medication in France.

Critics say French authorities have been too slow in banning the drug, after repeated warnings of its dangers.

Written by Christian Nordqvist
Copyright: Medical News Today"

2) Yes I'm very happy they wrote to me. Here in France writing to people is still not a habit, but new technologies are changing minds, first cell phones made people speak more, than e-mail, but e-mail made people write: " I don't like you, don't send me your spam ", although when you speak to a french person the same person will never dare tell you that, then Facebook, now Facebook have changed the way french people answer their e-mails. There is a social evolution, and people are now happy when they receive e-mails.

3) I tried doing INNOVATION TECHNOLOGY COURSE once, and if this simple ingredients drugs is commercialized with chemical and bacterial health certification, I'll tell my professors (although it was impossible to found internship for this course without having a physics diplom hahaha), and they'll be happy! They are different from all the professors I knew because they believe in scientific breakthrough and in people being the engine of scientific evolution.

According to TV (not to course, I don't know) in France they believe that scientific people inside an enterprise must be treated as kings, but the truth is if the kings don't feel competition neither society, they will never invent nothing. We also have a problem with money, in USA investment in research is bigger then in France but I don't believe money can make a mind think of the futur of humanity. I think it's a social organization problem not a QI problem.

What works the best in USA is you propose a research idea to military (yes, this is according to course), they see if it interest them although it has got nothing to do with soldiers and military stuff ex: a new shampoo formula, and then you got paid and can do research on your own or with your team. And that's what I did: suggest !!! And an enterprise that have a good social organization is able to collect people suggestion and to analyse the interest of going further with each one. Because this helps when you're out of ideas or if you want to please consummers.

I just hope Boiron Labs and UFC Que Choisir 92 contacts will go further, compare toxicity of existing products in a diplomatic way, publish comparision, and then Boiron Labs do this simple little products that do miracle over the Atlantic sea. :)

Replacement of Fortekor (21euros in France) with Nelio (12euros in France) wich is lower price and lower quality in all french vet clinics might illustrate how difficult it is for USA and UK innovation to arrive in France (these products costs less than 2euros in UK). The problem is they can't lower Fortekor price in France because price is law-protected so they are advised by important people to replace it by generic (we feel like living in Africa "medicine !!!"), because no market competition in drugs, and because no social influence from normal people in drug prices. So all medicine related problems are really difficult to solve. And medicine quality is an emergency problem to solve in France, and doing it with market influence is easier than with laws because bad medicine are over-law-protected.
Hon, the pharmaceuticals NEED some serious changes in your country.  

This just boggles my mind that you have universal health care, but your drug companies are seriously flawed.  I'm sitting here just shaking my head over this.  In other words, you have free medical care, but the drugs can kill you?  AND, here, as of right now...medical care costs a fortune, but the drugs are pretty much safe IF you can afford it?  How backwards is this?

WOW

PS-I'm starting to feel a little guilty that we're talking about health care systems in the cat forum.  Don't get me wrong, this is interesting to me, but this would've been a better topic for the MH Social forum.
Yes indeed, now another topic, with also tiny relation,

I'm very sad because since our last 3 cats died this year, my sister is beggining heart problems. But she never took medicine that could cause that, thanks God. It's just something they discovered. And I had forgotten heart massage, I'll have to look for another first aid course, because I only know breathing help.

And this morning, I had a 3rd ghost problem. I was half awake in a parallel world where my bedroom door was opened, and half awake in my world where my bedroom door was closed. When I was in the parallel, world, Minou that I felt to still be sick, came to sleep on my back, she even did a meow, and I even was able to touch her putting my hand under myself, but I could hardly move, and my head was very heavy, so after caressing her without seeing her, I started to call my mother, so that she'll see her, but each time I managed to scream, parallel world become normal world where door is closed, and when I managed to sit, parallel world and the cat disappeared instantanly, and I had no time to see her. I just saw the opened door becoming closed (not closing, like a movie special transition effect).

If you don't believe me, this can also be interpreted as a dream when you wake up.

I did not knew cats could become ghosts. But this was the third paranormal phenomenon related to the lost of my cat in one month. And this cannot be interpreted as a chamanist spirit that is related to our imagination and dreams, because their ghosts are alive beings. This is related to spiritism, dead things that can materalize and interact with real world.

About the TV, first phenomenon, we had seen the same tape before, and the volume was normal, but before the death of my cat, the day we saw the tape again about minerals in microscope in geology class, the volume went up and down and up and down, it was impossible to hear, and it only created diversion in my class, where it was not at all interpreted as paranormal phenomenon.

And the ghost I have seen, second paranormal phenomenon, is related to my cat, I saw him when I was a child. He comes from Seychelles Island like Minou and he might have seen her when she was baby. I don't think he had bad intensions, because he was less visible then before, and I think he came as a friend, that's why I had the courage to shout him to go away.

In my life I only saw 2 times a ghost before this moth, first Grand-Mother from mother's side, than him, I think he is not family, but just a ghost that entered my life accidentally, first time with no reason, so if he came back, it was friendship intensions, perhaps for me to believe my cat can live in his world, for me to believe there is a world after death. And it's true after that, I stopped feeling sad. And right know I am happy. I accepted death, because I don't see it anymore as an end.

And I believe pendule ghosts are just imagination, they don't exist. I stopped believing that someone can call a spirit and speak with it. For me this is just fake, it is inconscient and imagination. Since real ghosts do not depend on us. I do not belive I called a spirit to help her doing her needs, because that is my imagination. It was me who helped her. I put little water behind and it worked. The other world cannot be imagined neither called because it has volume, colour and texture. Maybe death is a parallel world where you continue the same as before until you die again ?

Anyway, I don't know what all this means, and I am very afraid. Since my sister is sick. Perhaps I should try to forget my cat. I hope my sister and my cat is not related, because I love both, and I don't want to lose her !

If you have a suggestion, please tell me !!!
How old is your sister and what exactly is wrong w/ her heart?  What have the doctors done for her and what tests were run?

Girl, I don't know about the ghost stuff!!  You've got me a little bit freaked out w/ this story!  I do believe our cats can visit us in spirit, but I don't think it means anything negative toward your sister.  Coincidence, maybe.  I think your experiencing a ton of anxiety dealing w/ your sisters sickness and your cat's recent death.  That's a lot to deal w/ in such a short amount of time.  You need to find ways to take some time out, relax, and get your mind off of things.  Take some time for yourself and treat yourself to something nice.
Thank you. Yes, such an experience. But now it's past.

There is a lot of people reading me. I'm going to give you a final advice about Psyllium Husk:

CRF food with no proteins means constipation. You need to mix CRF food with normal or specific food to have a balance. Plus having no true animal proteins means muscular loss wich is no good neither.

But Psyllium Husk in CRF K/D canned or other food or Azodyl is NOOOOOOOO!

After about 6months of psyllium husk, your cat intestine will no more work for itself. That's why I got into all this ghosts problems at first. She couldn't do it no more.

Cat's digestive system don't digest fibers the way we do, I don't know why. So what seems good at first creates a great inbalance at the end that is the most awfull and painfull thing you can do for your cat.

Yes, ANIMAL PROTEINS DESTROYS THEIR KIDNEY, IT IS DANGEROUS, BUT NOT EATING THEM CONSTIPATES YOUR CAT. But CATS DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DO NOT TREAT FIBERS AS HUMANS, FIBERS DELETES THE DEFECATION REFLEX.

The ideal would be intestinal lavage with water without microbes in only the superficial part. But it still needs to be invented.
-

That was NOT the question I was asked, the question was the adress of my holistic vet in Paris. Good luck for the person that asked it to me.

-
freaked > That's depend on how your life is going, for not to be afraid, you have to have a reason. Just take in consideration that cats have a spirit, and maybe other animals too, and that what I lived, is thanks to a friend that is not human but that is from our planet Earth and that I won't meet again in this life. But I advice physicians that are trying to invent time machines and black holes that the situation is nonetheless dangerous because parallel worlds is not for living beings of our world.
-

Furthermore if death leads to continuation of physical existence and pain into a parallel world, it prooves that fluids did kill my cat in this world (I'm not accusing the vet but the company that sold it).

So please create the Lactated Ringer Solution in France that can be trusted chemically and bacteriologically and that will never harm a cat !!!

I don't believe in the french health system in whats concerns quality tests and certification of intra-veinous and sub-cutaneous solutions for pets. There are laws, progress and norms to be welcome (we are now in 2011). This will rise vet trust and kitties life expectancy.
The topic is ended, but there was another personal question for me, someone who said she was trying by herself Alpha Lopaic Acid but by mouth, not IV since she isn't a doctor because she heard of people suffering from kidney who toke that with CoQ10 and got better.

Hope her cat will.

And I also think about the person before whose cat has CRF with heart failure, poor kitty !

If you have opinons about Alpha Lopaic Acid, you can tell because I don't know it?

But I shared what I told before and since she was experiencing new things (normal, we get crazy when we understand we can't stop it), I told her why not try vegeterian cat food ?

(copy of my advices, not her letter, I respect privacity)
"-> Make her drink a lot, max 10mL each time she eats.

-> And she must eat at least 5 times a day (more times then a human). Couldn't figure out the best diet because animal protein destroys kidney, but no animal protein in CRF diet brings muscular loss wich is no good because it uppers urea and that also attacks kidney. I never tried vegetarian cat food, but you must follow their advices if you want to try because vegetables highers alkalinity, wich give cats alkaline stone types like struvite. But stones are more dangerous for male cats then female cats.

http://www.vegancats.com/

Perhaps it's more balanced then CRF diet and it doesn't contains animal proteins. But never tried it, it's a risk if you want to try something new. But buy a PHpaper to control this in an aquarium store nearby (7$) about 5 to 8 (the PH of a cat must be between [6.1 ; 6.6]. You put PHpaper under her without touching the bottom of the litter abd without touching on it, when she is going to do piiiiiiiiii-ssss. (No need to take the piiiiiiiiii-ssss out of her with a needle because it would harm in a destructive way her bladder. So you don't let a vet measure her PH !).

Furthermore phosphorus can higher UREA but:
1st) Ask a doctor if phosphorus itself destroys kidney ?
2nd) Ask a doctor if high UREA destroys kidney ?
3d) Some probiotics can lower UREA: S. thermophilus, L. acidophilus + B. longum*
4th) Renalzin (UK product) sure lowers Phosphorus level:
http://www.medicanimal.com/viewusarticle/~Shipping/~contentId=110050/~curContentId=US_FAQ/~curSubContentId=110050
We also ship throughout the rest of the world so if you would like us to ship outside of the countries listed in the table above, please contact us by email on ***@**** or by phone on +44 (0) 203 058 0500 for quotes on shipping to your location "

(I advise mostly FOS then CELLULOSE but not SOJA - and the idea comes from kibow biotics wich also sent the rumor of being able to take people back from death of kidney disease http://www.kibowbiotech.com/biotics.php)
But in my opinion probiotics only LOWERS UREA but DOES NOT REGENERATE KIDNEY. It just helps. That's all.