My cat died
Its now been 3 months since my cat Mittens died which was really sad for me because I remeber when I first got her which was back in elementry school when I was in the 6 grade and a woman came into my class room and brought in a box of kittens and at the Time I didn't have a pet and I always wanted to have one but I thought would mom let me have one so after I got home I talked to mom about I thought I wasn't going to get a kitten but to my surprise she said yes and I never been happier after the phone calls and the waiting for the kittens to be wined we went over to the house and boy they were cute but the one that cought my attation was that cat that was black and white with a white lip on one side and a white tip on its tale and a white under belly and white paws everything other part was black she stand out as she was the only kitten who was not a white cat with a black spot on its head show I picked her then came the name which was insteasting that I got the name Mittens from a sesame street story book on farm animals so thats how she got her name and she liked me the most because after my parents brought a yellow lab puppy home which she never like in the first place but as the years went by she started to be around me more because she knew I still prefer her over the dog and she would sleep on the bed with me, When I moved out of the house I wish I could of taken her with me but she was used to her house so I couldn't take her to my own. Then just a few months after I moved out in the early morning in October my mom found mittens at the bottom of my stars dead just weeks before my birthday She was only 10 years old no other cat would be as good as Mittens I'm really gonna miss her so much.
awww I am so sorry losing a pet really hurts doesnt it ,any chance you can get another one ,I know there are a lot of cats looking for homes.I hope you feel better soon ,your description of him is wonderful I can tell he was special ..good luck
I'm so sorry about your loss.  It sounds like Mittens was a beautiful cat and wonderful friend to you.  The grieving process takes a long time...it's something we all have deal with sooner or later, but that doesn't make it any easier.  Just know that she loved you and you provided her with a good life.  Have you read the poem "Rainbow Bridge?"  It might ease your pain a little. God Bless.
thanks you guys I'm over now and I hope she's in heaven
I'm sure she is...and she will always have a very special place in your heart.
According to Catholic doctrine, animals do not go to heaven. That is a good reason for me not wanting to go there either.
If I have to choose between humor and sanctimony, I would choose humor any day.
Curious isn't it that it is assumed that women are the ones hurt most by the death of a beloved pet.  My husband was at least as upset as I was when our wonderful cat had such a serious accident that we had to have him put down.
So sorry your kitty died.  I know it hurts to lose a beloved pet.  Most of us here have lost at least one pet along the way.  It hurts, because they're all special and unique and we build a special bond and relationship with our furry family members.
All very interesting, presuming there is a heaven in the first place. Your comment about Jesus riding a white horse is astounding.
Wow! If it's in Revelations it must be true.
One of the guys that works at the cat shelter where I volunteer has a license plate frame that says "real men love cats".

I'm sorry about your loss of mittens

What I notice is that believers have the right to criticize non-believers, but not the other way around. I am no longer passive on this subject.
You brought up the subject, not me. I replied to it. Read my last entry.
i'm sorry to hear about your loss of a well loved cat.  about 4 years ago my cat jesse died and i was heartbroken.  i still think of him and although i am sad he's not with me, i am consoled that i ever had the good fortune to have a cat like jesse.  he was just so smart and playful and he loved me and always wanted to be with me.  he was the best.  maybe you think mittens was the best!  take care and keep enjoying life!

We are very sorry for the loss of your beloved cat, Mittens.  We're glad you've been able to reach out to members of our Cat Community for support, as you shared your story.  

My childhood cat's name was Mittens, too.  

Best,

Cheryl
MedHelp Community Mgr