Cats Community
male peeing

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

male peeing

My male cat is about 4 years old. He used to belong to my sister but she got fed up of cleaning after him everytime he peed. At first I found poop in the walkin closet. Now, once in a while I will find that he peed somewhere in the appartment. Once it was in another closet on shoping bags. I clean the litter every 2 to 3 days. I have 2 other cats. He is used to not being the only one in the house as Joey (first one) was there when we adopted him. None of the other 2 cats do this. We have tried scolding him, pinching his skin (on neck) and disciplining him but I still find from time to time that he went somewhere else than the kitty litter. I<m afraid that this will never stop. what should I do????
Tags: cat, pee, male
Is he neutured?  If a male cat is neutured to late, they will often start spraying and once they start I understand it can be difficult to get them to stop.  Have you called your vet to ask if they can recommend something?

I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me in this area can help - just hang tight!

Good luck,
Janet
I had a male cat that did the same thing. He was acting out trying to communicate his needs to me which was to be let outside. He had been an inside cat his whole life and he just wanted more freedom. After we allowed him out he stopped all wierd behavior, including chewing off his hair and peeing everywhere. I mean it just totally stopped. To be honest I tossed his *** outside because I had had enough, but it was the right move and we all live in peace now. Hope this helps.
If the cat is not neutered, or fixed, then the problems will persist. Also, the cat needs to be taken to a vet as soon as possible. Peeing outside the box can be caused by health issues. The cat may be in pain and you don't even know.

Lastly, I would not discipline the cat in a harsh way because, if the cat is in pain, then the stress of the punishment will make it all even worse.

Good Luck
how many litter boxes do you have? i read somewhere on the vet forum that you are supposed to have one per cat plus an extra. Thus you should have 4! I only use a litter box in the winter ( my cats go out in summer, but dont always want to go out in the snow). my cat peed in my other cats box so he pooped in my shower! They are really clean animals i guess....and really frustrating at times too! ha  sp