Cervical Cancer Community
Bump in cervix

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Bump in cervix

I had  Cervical Cancer in 2006 and I had a  total hysterectomy in 2006 and 8 other surgerys  and I go every 6 months so I find out from family Doctor today that my pap smear came back abnormal as usually and said there is a bump on my cervix so even the I had everything removed do I still have a cervix? Now more worrying one thing after another will it every end... :( I don't want another surgery I had a total of 15 so far.

Total hysterectomy is complete removal of the uterus including the corpus and cervix. Your PAP smear must have shown abnormal cells in the vagina or vaginal wall. You should go ahead with your gynecologist’s guidance and get investigated for any vaginal dysplasia.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.