Cervical Cancer Community
Heavy periods, TTC :(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Heavy periods, TTC :(

Hi, I've been very concerned with the fact that ever since I've had my leep procedure & d&c, I've been having heavy periods. I would just like to know if that is normal? & will it ever go back to bleeding normal & not so heavily? I also must mention that I've had two miscarriages, one last year in October & one this year in February. I had my leep 4 months ago. I haven't been able to concieve (conceive). Does this all just have to do with the miscarriage & leep? Is my body still healing? I hope I don't have fertility issues and won't be able to ever have kids. Please help me. :/ thank you. I want to get pregnant. What can I do?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
The heavy menses may not have much to do with the LEEP procedure or the abortions. This can be because of infection, ovarian cysts, endometrial hyperplasia, fibroids etc. An ultrasound scan should be done to find out the cause of bleeding and also to know whether there are any other problems causing failure of conception. For the heavy bleeding and for inability to conceive you should consult a gynaecologist. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.