Chemotherapy Community
Is next day chemotherapy, after Mediport surgery, too soon?
About This Community:

Welcome to the Chemotherapy Community: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for chemotherapy patients ~ PAST or PRESENT. It is also for family, friends and loved ones of chemotherapy patients. Topics in this community include: Blood Tests, Bone Issues, Brain Issues, Complications, Dental Issues, Eye Disorders, Fatigue, Gastrointestinal Issues, Heart Issues, Infertility, Kidney Issues, Liver Issues, Living with Chemo, Long-term Effects, Lung Issues, Lymphedema, Memory Problems, Menopausal Symptoms, Neuropathy, Nutrition, Pain, Research, Skin Issues, Thyroid Issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is next day chemotherapy, after Mediport surgery, too soon?

My mom had surgery and had a Mediport put in yesterday (Thursday), and the Oncologist wants to start chemotherapy today (Friday). I am concerned that it's too soon, because the surgery is new and she will probably vomit. Is next day chemotherapy, after Mediport surgery, too soon?