Chiari Malformation Community
Chiari and syringomyelia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Chiari and syringomyelia

Hi. I just joined this forum a few days ago. I have been decompressed in the last year but have CM1 and syringomyelia . Is anyone else in my same situation? I would love to know how others are doing post surgery and whether anyone had improvements past the 1 year post surgery timeframe!

Thanks,
Jen

Hi...I do not have syringomyelia, but have tethered cord...and was decompressed in May of '09 and I just wanted to say that I did see benefits and changes form 1 yr to the 2nd yr post op.

Hang in there : )

"selma"
Hey! I was decompressed 2 and a half years ago for those things exactly. As the doctors said my surgery 'didn't go as well as they hoped' and still have a remaining syrinx in my back. However the difference between one year post op and the second year were quite different. A lot more of my syrinx had moved and my symptoms became so infrequent that I almost forgot I was ever diagnosed! However, 2 and a half years later i'm now experiencing symptoms again that I need to go and get more scans for. It really varies from person to person but in everyone that i've met every thing has gotten at least slightly better between that time frame.
Wish me luck for my next scans and good luck for your future :)
Lex.
MG18 uploaded new photos
May 28
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22