Chiari Malformation Community
MRI WITH CONTRAST

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

MRI WITH CONTRAST

Have my mri with contrast on 10th Nov, my question is if there is csf blockage or and overcrowding do your symptoms get worse intensify the more you do.

At the moment I can wake fine, and somedays not, then go about normal mum,housewife, stuff you no the type girls, washing,ironing,hoovering,walk the dog,grocery shopping,prepare meals etc etc etc and then progressivly feel worse,
is it the more you do the more the blockage of csf effects become apparent.

The reason I ask is because if this is true then for my mri on 10th I want to go crazy do all things that usually  make me feel worse in order for a more accurate result!!!

I no this is a crazy way to do things but im desperate now for hospital to take me seriously, dont want to go in for mri having rested all day and this give false result!!! is this possible and does what you do make a difference to the flow, or is it that if it blocked it blocked and your symptoms regardless of how rested or hectic yr day has been will be the same.

Hey guys im not a crazy lady just want to be heard in the medical world and for them to hear me and believe me.

Any advice as usual would be lovely, hey no I will suffer for days after if what I am asking is true but am prepared for this to get answers im so desperatly searching for!!!

Hugs
Niki x x x
I know that like you, if I do too much I feel horrible. If I do too much one day, usually the next day I am feeling the after effects of it. I don't think what you are doing is crazy. Sometimes I feel like we have to go to the extreme to get help!
HI...not sure if it is the CSF blockage causing u to feel worse as the day goes or by what u do, but I was like that for yrs....still am pretty much....

I would imagine that the more of a blockage u have, it will give u this effect.

I also am aware how chiari cycles and I feel IMHO, that the tonsils may shift, either from the way we slept which side etc...and may affect how or when they block CSF....but the longer we r upright gravity kicks in and pulls them....

Hang in there u r soooooooo close now : )

"selma"
Hope all goes well nikki, I'm taking a break from it all at the moment, feel totally let down by the medical world, not even a cine MRI/pain management or acknowledgement that's there's anything wrong with me at all so what ever u have to do I say do it! Xx
Niki..your not crazy, I know exactly how you feel!! It used to go shopping or something that was on my feet before Dr's appts...after all it's no good if they don't see how just doing simple things like shopping and housework affect you!! However, I'm not sure if that will really help the results of the MRI or not...so don't wear yourself out!!

Carolyn
Thanks again as usual ladies,

It was just my crazy idea but thought there may have been connection and if so it was going to be one crazy mornin b4 afternoon mri, Just me thinking the more active you are and blood pumping around yr body and whatever else makes our bodies
work or not in our cases may have affected the cererbral flow.

Its just such a shame we even have to have these crazy thoughts to get answes.

Hugs
niki x x x