Poor medical care after surgery
"Just wanted to update yall on my boyfriend. He has Chiari, 12mm and had decompression surgery last November 2011. To say it was a rough recovery would be an understatement. They didn't sedate him enough, and he was up walking around & trying to fight all the nurses & doctors 16-17 hours AFTER surgery (he was having a horrible reaction to the anesthesia). He is a machinist, works 12 hour days 7 days a week and after the surgery they released him to go back to this heavy work load within 2 months. I tried to say my opinion and say he wasn't ready but no one listened.

We finally got some news regarding his pain he's been having since his decompression surgery. Apparently, when he was in the hospital healing from his surgery... he was moving way too much & was released back to work way too soon so it never healed properly around the incision site. He has major inflammation, muscle spasms, and little nerve damage. They would like to put some shots into his neck to stop the inflammation, but there's not much they can do about the muscle spasms and nerve damage.

Makes me very angry the doctors didn't listen to me about him when we were in the hospital because i repeatedly told them it was too soon, they kept telling me he was ready. Anyone else have any experience with this kind of issue after having decompression surgery? What did you do, if anything, regarding the poor medical care? We would appreciate any and all feedback! Thank you!"

My girlfriend posted this on a different website, but this is what happened to me and I thought I would post it on here and see if any one else had a similar experience to share with me. Thanks yall
So sorry to hear your  BF had such a bad experience.  I can't share such a story because I listened to my body and I was a very very strong avocate.  I did think I could go back to work 4 months after surgery and the NS said NO.  Sadly I never went back due to my sisuation, but yes your BF did go back to work way to soon.  I can't imagine all the physical work that his job involved.  I just hope things get better.  Do try the shots.  They do work for some people.  I would also as about a TENS unit to bring down the swelling.  It does help with the swelling.  Things will get better.  
Linda :)
I'm sorry this experience was so terrible.  I think I would have to file a complaint or even a lawsuit w/the hospital & NS in that situation.  This is exactly why they pay massive amounts in malpractice insurance.

i was told  "i couldn't go back to work after the surgery," i was only in the hospital for 3 day's, i had the shots 8 on each side of the head down to my shoulder i had the one on each side of my head, and they didn't help. they only made it worse.  im sorry he is going thru so much
Thanks for all your answers! Yes we are currently looking into different options we have as a far as a lawsuit. I feel that someone should be held responsible for the damage they have caused my boyfriend for the rest of his life! Has anyone had experience with medical malpractice lawsuits?
  this is an issue with chiari, make sure you search high and low for a lawyer who specialises in chiari you didn't say where you live, but there is a Stark and Stark in New Jersy, if you go on chiari lawyers you will find one. good luck