Child Behavior Expert Forum
10 month old and weird shivering

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

10 month old and weird shivering

My 10 month old just started this weird shiver that has me freaked out.  He does it several times a day and very randomly.  He is teething and has reflux that I can hear daily.  He is constantly swallowing.  I just want to make sure these arent seizures.  He sometimes has a couple of them in a row but I can always get him to stop by talking to him.  Could reflux make him do this?  Is it the teething?

The last two videos show it the best.  The second one shows it at the end of the video.  It looks like he caught a chill.  He tucks his chin and shivers his head while straightening his arms...

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

My 10 month old has no interest in crawling.  He doesnt even get up on all fours.  He will push himself backwards and he will go in circles.  He will roll back to belly but not the other way.  

He does sit up and will push backward on his butt and go in circles too.

He will pull to a stand and loves to walk holding your hands.

Is this ok??
It would be wise to arrange evaluations with both a pediatric neurologist and a pediatric gastroenterologist. Teething would not explain what you are observing.
Well I have showed 3 peds the video and they say they are not worried about it.  I also showed his GI the video and he said he wasnt worried about seizures either.  So no referall leaves me stuck.

I did notice this morning that he was wincing while swallowing his finger puffs.  I wonder if his throat is sore, maybe that would explain the shiver..
I was not able to view the video. so I'm not responding with the benefit of seeing that. However, there is reson for you to be reassured if the several MD's (incl. the gastro specialist) you consulted are OK about what they witnessed.