Child Behavior Community
3 1/2 year old daughter wetting pants after being potty trained.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My daughter is 3 1/2 years old. She was potty trained very well for about 6 months. She went to the potty all the time, never had accidents during the day, but had to wear pull-ups at night. For the past few months, she has been wetting her pants all the time. She will go to the potty to poo, but NEVER to pee. I don't know what to do. We have tried everything. Rewarding her, bribing, ignoring it completely. She starts school next year and I don't want to her to go to school, and have wet her clothes all day. She is a very smart child, so I know she can do it. When asked why she does it, she tells us "Accidents happen." I understand that accidents happen, but when she doesn't even try to make it to the potty, that's not really an "accident". My husband and I are at a lose, we don't know what to do anymore. Any suggestions??
First of all it is normal to have a little regression.  If you are that worried you can always take her to the doctor.  
Does she go a lot I am wondering if she has a bladder infection, has she any discomfort? It sounds like the words 'Accidents Happen' may have been learned form an adult.Try telling her and leading her into the bathroom every so often to remind her.
We told her the pull-up are for accidents at night. But right when she gets up in the morning, we take the pull-up off and put panties on her. She had a UTI about 2 months ago. We took her to the doctor, was given antibiotics, and it cleared up.
Then I suggest she has another UTI so maybe get it checked again .She is getting mixed messages from wearing the pullups,at night she must go in the pull ups but during the day she cannot go in her underwear ,its kind of hard to understand at 3 year old ,isnt it?.