Child Behavior Expert Forum
6 year old keep forgetting stuff

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

6 year old keep forgetting stuff
I have a student who i tutor. She is 6 years old and it seems like she forgets what she did half hours a go.
When she 1st came in my class she did not know the letter L, M, P, V and since i tell her to write them again and again she knows. also When i show her the letter she doesn't know right a way. she thinks in her head and then she tells me. Same thing with 1,2,3 she does not know 6,9 and 8. i have been working with her for almost  a month and she doesn't remember. She is in kindergarten. Parents said until now no one in the family paid attention to her. she has been in day care for 1 year, pre K last year and KG this year.
When I asked her for her address she doesn't know. I spent 45 min on just 2 things what city do you live in and what state do you live in. and she would say I DO NOT REMEMBER. so i would tell her and tell her to repeat that. its been 5 days and she still does not know. i am so worried about her. she forgets the kids name who are in my class. only 3 of them. some times she remembers sometimes she forgets. I do not want to say anything to the parents until i find out if there is something wrong with her. please let me know.
She is young and it is impossible to know without having an evaluation. It would be perfectly fine for you or her teacher to let the parents know that there might be some difficulty relative to her ability to remember some things. She can be evaluated, but her parents will have to request the evaluation.
She is young to have a tutor.  The fact that the parents obtained a tutor for her indicates that maybe they are aware of something.  Usually six year olds without learning issues do not have tutors.