Child Behavior Expert Forum
Can concerta meds cause agressive behavior?

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My son has been on Concerta for almost 2 weeks. He is getting worse. He is hurting other kids at school for no reason. And he's never did this before. Can it be that this med is not agreeing with him. He took Ritalin La before and never did any of this. He was better.
Can this meds make him agressive?
Yes, it is possible. While the active ingredient in Concerta is the same as in Ritalin LA, the method of metabolizing the medication differs.
My son took Concerta for several years and I noticed a change in his attitude. He would become so aggresive that he would actually hit myself. The doctor was upset when I told him I was not going to allow my son to take that medication any more. Now we are having problems with his attitude towards his school work. Good luck to you.