Child Behavior Community
Child acting out in school

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Child acting out in school

My child has started kindergarten this fall and has been doing good up until recently.  Me and my wife are expecting another child and the tantrums and mis-behaving in school have started happening on a daily basis now.  Is there any books or videos we can get to correct her conduct in school and where is this behavior coming from?
She may just be stressed because of the new school and having to meet new friends and teachers and everything. Also she may be worried about the new baby coming into your lives and thinking that she won't get too much attention with new baby in the picture. There's a lot of big changes in her life and that can be stressful for her too. Have you talked to the teacher to see if maybe some of the other kids are being mean to her? Or if she has friends in the class?

I would try to talk to her and reassuring her about the new baby coming into the family(congratulations too!!), and also try and ask her why she is miss behaving in school.

Also maybe you can try a reward system for her school behavior? Say if she is good in school all week she can get a special treat on the weekend, such as one night staying up to watch a movie, or getting ice cream. Maybe use a jar(like a pickle jar or something) and everyday she is good at school put a colored marble or whatever into it, and everyday she is bad, take one out, then when the jar is full, she gets a very special treat, such as going to chuck e cheese with her friends or something else she would like. That may give her the motivation to not act up in school.