Child Behavior Expert Forum
Eye blinking

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Eye blinking
I have a three year old son who has been blinking his eyes repeatedly the last few weeks.  He will blink his eyes a few times and then will blink really hard which distorts his face.  What can I do about this?  ANy suggestions? Thanks
Dear Julie,

Have you consulted with your child's pediatrician? Eye blinking of such sudden onset likely has a medical explanation, and certainly warrants pediatric examination and possible referral to ophthalmology. Another possible avenue to explore is that of tic disorder, which could be investigated by a neurologist.
My niece had that problem and it turned out to be a nervous tick. When she was made aware that she was doing it she had more control over it.
My son started blinking his eyes non stop about a year or so ago. I thought it was nerves but there was no reason for him to be nervious. It was discovered he has severe allergies and the blinking resulted from dry eyes. He has since seen an allergist and with proper allergy medication the blinking stopped completely within just a few days of the mediction.
Good Luck,

Tara
My son started eye blinking about one year ago. He blinked so hard it distored his face too. The problem ended up to be allergies and the blinking resulted from dry eyes. With proper medication the blinking stopped within just a few days or less. This may be helpful to you as well.
A related discussion, Eyes-blinking was started.
A related discussion, nervous tic was started.