Child Behavior Expert Forum
HELP! my two year old son is out of control!

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My two-year old son is now out of control, I am at a loss at what to do with him. He wasnt always a bad child, when he was a baby he was golden, but now, he is a nightmere!! He will not listen to a word me or his father says, if we tell him not to do something, he stands ridged and shouts back at us and does what we have told him not to, we then raise our voice and he shouts loader, throwing things around the room and kicking things. If we have told him off, he will headbutt doors, kick walls and slam cupboards, sling himself to floor punching it in temper, arches his back and flys himself across the room, smash things up, distroy what ever he has got and lately has started smacking me in the face, kicking out if we have to hold him, and he pushes and hits his older sister. He demands things, not asks, and if we dont give it to him he shouts and screams. If he is in his buggy he will scream and cry the whole time he is in it, yet if we let him walk he screams and crys because he wants to be picked up. From the moment he wakes up he is constanly screaming and crying, he doesnt stop and when he is having a tantrum nothing calms him down. He is also very hyperactive, he never seems to burn out, he goes over the top at everything, and lose his temper quickly. he will not go to sleep at night and offten wakes up at least three times, the very second his eyes open, even before they open he is screaming!! he has all his teeth so i know he isnt teething, the dentist said they are all fine and healthly, he isnt in anyway ill or hurt, so what could posibly be the problem? My partner thought i was making it up when i told him how bad things were getting but he recently had a week off work and saw for himself how he has been behaving, and even he couldnt control him! Please help me, the way my son is behaving is scareing me, im scared he might one day seriously hurt himself or someone else.
It is important that you have him evaluated by a child psychiatrist or developmental pediatrician right away. His behavior indicates serious emotional disturbance and it would be a mistake to try to manage without having the evaluation.
I know how you feel because my 2yr.old son is the exact same way, mine has even put a hole in the wall by throwing his toys through it during a rampage, he has also ripped his curtains rod and all and blinds off his window not to mention other things, I too am at a loss of what to do.