Child Behavior Expert Forum
Is it normal for a 5 yr old to be so obsessed with boys??? I definitely...

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Is it normal for a 5 yr old to be so obsessed with boys??? I definitely wasn't.

My 5 yr old daughter is infatuated with boys.. She make friends that are boys before girls.. She plays with boys more so then girls.. When her friend that is a boy comes over to play she has to get all prettied up, change her close puts purfum on.. I even had to throw all my makeup out as she was always putting it on.. I hardly ever wear makeup.. I one of those moms that puts her hair in a pony wash and brush my teeth and away I go.. It really scares me:( I just resently caught my 5 yr old daughter touching an 11 yr old boys private. He is totally denying it but I saw. Also my daughter told me he made her touch him, he also touched her private.. It so happens this 11 yr old boy is my boyfriends son.. I'm so lost for words.. Should I get help for my daughter?? I tried talking with her about it again later that night and she denied everything. Please help me:( What should I do??
You and your friend should talk with both of the children. The report of your daughter is troubling, and the behavior you witnessed is troubling. You absolutely should be concerned about this. The fact that likes to play with boys is not the issue - it's the sexualized aspect of the behavior that is the problem. It would be wise to follow up with a pediatric mental health clinician.
Thank you so much. Talked to both children really expressed good touch and not good touch.. Also the fact that it's inappropriate on both there parts. Made counseling appointments for my daughter and I:)