Child Behavior Community
Kindergarter Acting out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Kindergarter Acting out

My son is 5 years old and just started full day Kindergarten a few weeks ago.  He has been in day care since he was an infant and in preschool for the past 2 years and loved it.  He is an only child and has always thrived on one on one attention.  He gets distracted quite easily.  Since he started school I have received a note home everyday telling me something he did wrong that day.  And everyday it is something different.  He really is a sweet boy but he is very stubborn and has the temper of a bull but we never really had problems with him like this before but now it is an everyday occurence.  We just moved to a new home and he hasn't been sleeping well at night and I don't know if that is triggering the bad behavior or if it is that he is bored with school.  I have started a reward chart on line where we can reward him with prizes that he can work up to based on his good behavior but that doesn't seem to work either.  It works when he is looking at it and he gets excited about it but then he forgets, I guess.  We even tried taking away TV and computer unless he is good in school and that doesn't seem to work either.  My husband and I are at our wits end.  What are we doing wrong?