My 4 year old has started acting terrible!!!
I am a mother of 4 wonderful little boys. My next to youngest son, whom is 4, has started behaving terrible! He has always been a good kid until recently. My mother in law babysits for me while I work and keeps the two youngest over night and then I pick them up the next day after work. She said that my 4 year old is horrible at times. She said that he use to be so well behaved and now she doesn't know what is going on with him. She thought he may be jealous of his baby brother ( but he doesn't act like it, he always wants to be around him and gets upset if I leave the baby some where without him) My mother in law said that she plays with my 4 year old to try to keep him from feeling jealous or left out. She said that he behaves well as long as he is doing something that he wants to do, its when you try to get him to do something that he doesn't want to do. He throws tantrums, tells you no , or throws himself in the floor! Spanking him doesn't phase him! He cries for a few minutes and then is back doing what he wants to do. I don't know what to do. He has even laughed at my mother in law once after she spanked him. He has threatened to kick my mother when she has tried to dicipline him.  He behaves well at home most of the time, I have problems with him trying to tell me what to do or if I tell him to clean his room, then he misbehaves.  He talks about missing his older brothers when they are at school and he spends the night with my mother in law but when he gets home he seems to alienate himself from them or is mean to them. Can anyone please help me? I don't know what to do.
is preschool an option?? It may help if he can 'be a big kid too' by going to 'school' My four year old got to start kindergarten this year (because of when his bday is) and for the most part it has helped him to feel more independant, more grown up getting to go to school like his big brother.

hope things get better for you