Child Behavior Expert Forum
Na
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Na

Help-help-help-I have a nearly 5 year old grandson who is smearing feces on walls. His mother is almost at wits end. My daughter in law had potty trained him and he regressed when a miscarriage happened in his family. He was recently taken out of preschool because he was incontinient at school.  Rewards have been given for good training , which he does maybe a week at a time then he regresses again. There was a new baby born 10months ago, whom my grandson adores. My grandson is the second of 4 children, all boys. He does spend quality time with his dad who is in the home, and he is attached to his mother. He is a sensitive child who is very rule oriented , and who loves to help people. He also has been fighting alot with his younger brother. An suggestions? This boy is intelligent. He is also a bedwetter. Could sexual advances toward him caused this? There seemed to be such a sudden change in him. I have suggested to the mom to get a full health screening first before pursueing a psychiatric evaluation.