Child Behavior Community
Pre-Teen boy sleeping with mother

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Pre-Teen boy sleeping with mother

My wife and I divorced 4 years ago, prior to that time my son always slept in his own bed. From the very begining he went from the crib to his own bed and had his own room.
When my second son was born he too went through the same transition, the two boys loved having the space they called thier own. Neither of the boys has never had a problem sleeping alone, no nightmares or feelings of abandonment, no bed wetting, nothing. they both slept completely through each night in seperate beds.
Shortly after the divorce and at the direction of my ex-wife she moved the boys into her bed. At first I thought this would be a short phase and the boys would soon be back to thier own room and beds. When the boys are at my house on the weekends they both sleep in thier own room and beds.

I do not believe it is appropriate for a 12 year old to sleep in the same bed with his mother every night.
My ex wears the standard "G"-string and thong underwear, my son is begining to show signs of maturity (Body hair)

I'm very concerned how can I make this stop? I'm worried there will be long term issues here.

This discussion is related to 11 Year old child sleeping with mother.
0%
 (0) 
Long Term Sexual Issues
0%
 (0) 
Maturity Independence
0%
 (0) 
Insecurity Issues
0%
 (0) 
Development Issues
0%
 (0) 
Sleeping Disorders
0 Members voted
Hi there.  Well, are you thinking something sexual is going on?  

In many other countries, it is common for families to sleep together.  There are parts of the world where only one bed in the home is the culteral norm.

Personally I don't sleep with my kids but know some families that do this.  If they are --  as in the kids---  not having a big problem with it, I wouldn't get involved.  Eventually they will probably seperate.  But perhaps it started out as comfort for them all when the divorce initially happened and now is just habit.  

good luck