CHILD BEHAVIOR
COMMUNITY
Sexually Aroused 3.5-year Old Boy
by nylanuza, Jun 10, 2010
My boy aged 3 1/2 years most of the time experience erections when seeing sexy girls or acts while watching TV. Is this normal? I can just think that he is sexually aroused when seeing these kind of visuals but am not sure if this is really the case and if this is a normal child reaction. Has anyone experienced this with their children? If this is not normal, what is the correct way in handling this?
Member Comments (4)
by SeriousSam, Jun 10, 2010
This is involuntary and less a function of sexual arousal and more of an automatic function check by his body.
by allmymarbles, Jun 10, 2010
I have never heard of this happening. Is it possible that it is not sexual arousal, but perhaps a need to use the bathroom? I would watch him for a bit to see if there really is a pattern. In any case, if he is watching TV shows that are inappropriate for his age, that practice should stop.
by SeriousSam, Jun 10, 2010
This is quite natural.  Might I be so bold as to mention that part of the cardiovascular system runs through the penis and this is just a normal body function?
by kim219, Oct 18, 2012
I have a 3 1/2 yr old boy doing the same thing and I thought for awhile that he just had to go to the bathroom but tonight when a kissing scene happened in a movie he ask me if I got a movie for his pee pee so I don't think this is normal or ok. What should I do?