Child Behavior Expert Forum
Two year old not eating

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Two year old not eating

My daughter turns two in two weeks, and since she was 9 months old she hasn't gained a pound.  Her pediatrician has been constantly telling us to give her high calorie foods, butter, gravy, pediasure.  I've been trying to do that, but lately I've discovered that she just plain doesn't eat.  I'm at the end of my rope.  She's been seeing a pediatric gastroenterologist, but she prescribed an antihestimene (sorry about spelling) to help her get an appetite.  It worked for the first two days until she refused to take the medicine anymore.  Tonight she literally spit it out in my face!  She can literally wear the same clothes she wore a year ago.  I don't know what else to do, or where else to take her.  I just want her to be healthy, and grow at a normal pace, but she never seems to have an appetite! I try giving her all different kinds of food, and she walks around the house going "hungy, hungy" but then she takes two bites, and is back on the run. It's stressing me out to see her not growing, and not eating, and I just don't know what to do!  I don't want her to have any disadvantage in life, but I feel like if she doesn't get any bigger, she's going to be set back.  I really need help.  Thank you.
Has she undergone any metabolic or endocrine workups?
In the meantime, you might call the GI and ask for tips on getting her to swallow the medication. She surely won't be the first toddler they've had who has wanted to reject a necessary treatment.