Child Behavior Expert Forum
blank stares

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

blank stares
My little great granson in 2 1/2 years old.  From time to time I will notice him standing and seemingly be in a trance.  It only lasts seconds but when you talk to him in this stage he doesn't respond.
What could cause this?
This may be an example of petit mal seizure, sometimes called absence seizure. His  doctor should be informed so he can have a referral to a pediatric neurologist.
A little girl I know was doing the same thing, mom took her to the doctor, some tests were ran and it turns out the girl was having seizures. Mom was told this was quite common in children. Your grandson needs to see a doctor.

Mary in Camden, MI.