Child Behavior Expert Forum
desperate
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

desperate

my 7 nearly 8 year old has extream rage and behavior problems. he loses control over anything and becomes extremly anger resulting in violence or extrem upset. he soils and wets hiself two - three times a day including at school. he currently sees a professional who has run autistic test which stated he had some minor problems with eye contact but definatly did not have autisum. he has a problem sleeping at night and a strict routine has to be in place at all times to ensure he actually sleeps. his speach pattern is like speaking with a robot its all factual statements. he is very cleaver in maths but hates literacy and often refuses to do it. an occupoational therapist identified a slight problem with his fine motor skills and am now waiting on a test. i now have parents threatning harm to me and my child due to him attacking their children in school time. i have tried every behaviour therapy going and still nothing works.
242606_tn?1243786248
Have you followed the recommendations? If so, what has changed as a result? If not, why not?
3 Comments
Blank
242606_tn?1243786248
When you say he 'sees a professional', what exactly is happening in his treatment? It goes without saying that he is showing signs of serious emotional disturbance and this requires intensive treatment.
Blank
He sees a psychiatrist who has recomended anger managment and family therapy but this seams to be the extent of any further help  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank