Child Behavior Community
licking feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

licking feet

Why would a 3 year old like to lick another child's feet?  My grandson loves to lick other children's feet. I have observed him waiting for his cousin to fall asleep then he will take his socks off and lick his feet while he is sleeping. He will also climb under the table while the children are sitting at the computer or playing to lick their feet. The other day he said to me "Does ______(his cousin) have his socks on". (His cousin was taking a nap.) I asked him why he wanted to knoe. His response was that his peepee tickled and he wanted to lick his feet. Can a 3 year old have a foot fettish? Is there something we should do to discourage this behavior. My husband thinks he is lacking salt.
Kinda funny, my daughter was kissing my feet earlier this evening.  I've never heard of this but I don't think it's possible for a 3 year old to have a foot fettish.  Is it possible that your grandson saw something on TV or at pre-school? (If he attends pre-school)  Kids at this age are like sponges.  They pick up on everything.  My daughter was the same way.  She would remember things that we just said in passing and remember things that seemed so remote to us.  Perhaps you can explain to your grandson that feet can be dirty because they touch the floor and shouldn't be licked because it will make him sick.  I wouldn't make a big deal out of it because it may further encourage the behavior.  Sometimes it's better to pretend that it's not a big deal and the child will just grow out of it.

Good luck!
You should call his pediatrician and see if they've heard of that kind of behavior before, they might have some advice or recommendations.  It is certainly odd behavior, and if he said his "peepee tickled", that's pretty concerning to me.  

I'd say it's worth checking out.  

I recently caught my son licking my toes while I was alseep. I freaked out and asked him several questions. He has promised me that he has never done that to any one nor has any one has done it to him. But I am still concerned of why he would want to lick his moms feet. I am so confused. He said he also gets the urge to lick other girls feet at school but has not acted on it. My son this has been going on for about a year. He is 13 now and is going through pruberty so I am not sure if this is the reason never had any signs before. Please give me some advise on what to do and how to handle this situation
I just found this forum, and it's kind of interesting. I'm a 27 year old person now with a cleary defined fetish for male feet, as far as I can remember, since the early years of my childhood I was after my fathers feet, on the lasts years I've discover there are thousands of people and sites into feet, so let's just face it, it's pansexual world, it's normal.
i already mentioned on another discussion where i saw your post.
he did it because of hormons, and he probably wanted to know how it felt to do it.
You shouldn't make it to hard for him. You can eventually let him lick your feet now and then or smell them, you could tease him a little with it so he will only do it with you and don't try it to do with your friends, you can tell him he may do it with your feet but that you will be very mad if he does it with somebody else 's
I am 24 years old and I have had a foot fetish every since I can remember,although never anything for male feet. To whoever said it was not possible for a 3 year old to have a foot fetish, coming from personal experience, I beg to differ. I can distinctly remember being very young and getting turned on by pantyhose and shoe commercials which showcased female feet and such. As for discouraging it I would recommend some form of discouraging it in public and without consent of the other person. Don't let him do it to people are sleeping as he might grow up to further enforce the stereotype that "ALL PEOPLE WITH A FOOT FETISH ARE CREEPY LITTLE TROLLS WHO SNEAK AROUND IN THE DARK MOLESTING WOMENS FEET." which is not the case,but some are maladjusted.

As far as the foot fetish it is normal and healthy and if he does have one it will be with him for the rest of his life. The best thing you can do is to not make him feel weird about it as it could have adverse effects such as him becoming reclusive about it when he is older and thus never satisfying the need for feet and in turn could resort to the creepy foot troll behavior out of shame to just come forth with it to any serious girlfriend or the feeling of being an outcast.

I have had my foot fetish all my life,everyone I know, knows about it and I have a healthy normal life. Its nothing to be afraid of. Its just feet.
It's just feet, yes.  But oh how I love feet.  I started in kindergarten during nap time when we take off our shoes, my best friend/playmate and I would smell our own feet or each others, I don't remember, but I liked it and have been loving the smell of ripe feet ever since.  It must be very normal at least physiologically, because I notice a lot of kids who like smell feet.  Some say there are phermones in the sweat of feet.   That may trigger something in the brain.  I think that's it because almost everyone likes the smell of sex, sweaty genetals, sweet ***, stinky feet, but most don't admit it to themselves and are uptight, repressed and miserable people.  We are animals and phermones affect us.  Let us enjoy what nature gave us!
Calm down sexuall orientation at the age may not be normal but sexuall tingling happen a lot to let know of extreme disgust or desire, it won't be a severe case unless he erects but don't intervene too much or it could s rew his sex life when he gets older take baby steps and take medical advice
I wouldn't worry too much about the feet licking as much as the social correctness. Don't make him feel bad about licking feet, just teach him that he can't go around licking feet unless he gets permission from that person. If he tells you he wants to lick someone's feet, make him go ask the person first.
Perhaps a psychologist could help you as I'm sure this fettish has caused dating issues for you.  good luck
lol
i love licking my own feet but i would love to lick some one elses?
goodness I didnt realise there were so many foot lickers around LOl maybe you are all just hungry