Child Behavior Expert Forum
mood disorders in children

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

mood disorders in children
Could you please describe what a mood disorder in a child looks like. Also could you tell me what causes mood disorders and how they are diagnosed and treated. Thank you.
Dear Shelly,

This is a big issue to tackle in a Q & A Forum such as this. I will refer you to the website of the American Association of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and you will find very helpful information on childhood mood disorders and other conditions as well.
Go to Borders and Barnes & Noble and purchase The Bipolar Child.  It is a good book, right on your topic category, that can also serve as a reference source.
Thanks for the comments and information. I wonder if you have a child with a mood disorder as I believe mine does and I would appreciate hearing about other people's experiences and information on the subject.