Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Nerve Pain in shoulder and left arm

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Nerve Pain in shoulder and left arm

I have had nerve pain radiating from left side of my neck into my shoulder, elbow and pins and needle into the thumb and next two fingers.  My report from a scan showed a rotatory scoliosis convex to the left centred on L3 with lateral spondylosis of L3 on L4. L4/L5 show there is a hypertrophic degenerative change of the facet joints bilaterally with ligamentum flavum hypertrophy. These results date back 6mths ago.  I have been having chiro treatment quite successfully but now the condition is getting worse again. I am taking capadex and diazepan for the pain, but they don't seem to give me much relief.  The only way I can get relief for a short period is to pull my head upwards away from the neck with my other hand and this relieves the tension on the nerve.  Have you got any other suggestions?

Many thanks. Foz747
I recommend visiting this website: www.UpCspine.com and finding an Upper Cervical specialist in your area. I believe that would be a great solution for you.

Warm wishes,
AT
I agree with the doctor, I was having the same problem and found out that the pain was a result of my cervical spine I was in sort of disbelief to find this out. since surgery I am doing good no pain.