Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
swollen painful hand/fingers

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

swollen painful hand/fingers

Three days ago I woke up feeling pain in my right index finger. I kind of ignored it and it would just hurt sometimes when I did something in some positions like holding the mouse, typing on the keyboard and etc. Yesterday I woke up and realized my index finger is kind of swollen but not a lot. Like you could barely tell it was swollen. Now today my whole hands hurts like deep inside I feel this painful sharp pain and I think my finger is still a bit swollen. I don’t feel the pain all the time only when I get my hands into some positions. My right hand feels kind of weak and the muscles feel dry. What this could be? I have anxiety but I don’t think that is causing the pain. I’m scared I might have MS. I’m 19 by the way. Any ideas what this could be?

im not sure if its discolored right now but yesterday it seemed darker compared to my other hand. the pain is not always there but every like few minutes i feel this pain in my fingers and wrist and sometimes it moves up to my whole arm..i also get this sensation when you like write really fast for few minutes and your hands become numbed and tired i feel that in my wrist and that also moves up sometimes to my arms. My hand is more swollen compared to yesterday. My hand also feels very weak and stiffed and useless. My mom keeps telling me its just some sort of strain cause by sitting on the computer or sleeping on it or something. Im not sure though its kind of making me worried. I also get these random sharp pain similar to my right hand in my other hand and also legs but im pretty sure thats my anxiety doing this to me because im worrying so much about my hand that i feel the pain everywhere else on my body.
I'm inclined to think it might be a bite of some kind... Has the skin on your hand become shiny at all? Does the temperature of your right hand feel different than the left?

All in all, it wouldn't be a bad idea to call your family physician and make an appointment.
sometimes it feels colder compared to my left hand..and there is no sign of any sort of bite on my hand..i will give it 2-3 more days if its not better i will make an appointment with my doctor..the skin is not shiny but it feels weak and when i try to squeeze something hard it feels funny like it feels weak and tingly...